Anyone using the huge curved monitors?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MarkBrown, Dec 23, 2019.

1. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

I was thinking of going to curved monitors but I love my charts and wonder whats going to happen to my long charts that I like so much. Anyone using them pro's con's ?

2. maxinger

maxinger

I don't think that is a good idea.

curved monitors are ok (OK only !!) for watching films.

for trading, you want to see straight line as STRAIGHT LINE.
    You don't want distortion !

also many traders rotate monitor to get portrait format to maximise table space.
    It looks odd if monitor is curved in portrait format.

When are monitor makers going to flatten ALL their monitors ?!?!??!

-------------

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    vic38, dennis86, lovethetrade and 3 others like this.
  3. Curved monitors are literally the best invention since LCD. I have the alienware and it is incredible.

4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Great for a monitor and charts as it keeps the centre and outter edges closer to the same distance away so less eye refocusing.

For a TV pointless as it's too far away for the curve to even be noticeable.

It's on my want list, have tried 1.

vic38 likes this.
  5. maxinger

maxinger

There are far too many useless stupid inventions (especially the crooked curved monitor ) by humans.
    soon humans will be extinct.
    Then carbon emission will be reduced.
    and the world will start to get colder.
    and sea level will start to rise again.

Scataphagos and murray t turtle like this.
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

This is why I don't worry about Global warning, humans will go, the Earth will repair and a few million years they'll be a new intelligent ish race like there is today.

Still curved monitors = GOOD!!!

murray t turtle likes this.
  7. maxinger

maxinger

it is good humans will be extinct. it caused too much destruction to millions of years to earth is trying to grow. earth can only be repaired when greedy humans are extinct.

more curved monitor please ! then human will be gone.

8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I've got a 34" LG curved monitor and I love it. The curve is more subtle than you think. It's certainly not enough to distort your view of a chart.

vic38, MarkBrown, Overnight and 4 others like this.
  9. Howard

Howard

Quite a few flat out stupid comments here. First of all - the curve ain't that big. Second - you're not likely to spread out a chart over an entire wide screen anyway. And even if - the curve won't be a problem.

I use a 49" Dell. Works great for me. That said - you're not getting any more screen estate than you would using 2 x 27" 4K screens. So unless you mind the bezel in the middle (I do!), you can save yourself some money.

Since I run this off a laptop - I'm also happy to reduce the number of cables/inputs.

[​IMG]

darthtraderbeta, vic38 and MarkBrown like this.
  10. Go back to a flat screen and see if you notice the difference then.

I also have a 80 (75?) inch curved samsung TV and the difference is night and day.

#10     Dec 23, 2019
    MarkBrown likes this.