Anyone using the hoadley XL add-in?

Discussion in 'Options' started by nonprophet, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Anyone using the hoadley XL add-in? Is it possible/easy to import historical *options* data? For example to analyze a vol. surface of some time ago?

Seems obvious, but I emailed hoadley and he came right back at me calling me a tyre kicker and time waster, so I’m starting to have my doubts.

Thanks.

2. I used it for awhile when I was actively trading options, but haven't used it recently. Actually need to make sure I backed it up before my hard drive failure awhile back. A guy who's room I used to sit in used it fairly extensively. I liked it and I believe he did also.

3. Yes it looks good but the trial version features are very limited and unable to clear up this specific issue for me. Thanks for your note.

4. Sorry I meant to add, but was distracted, that I'll take a look at it over the weekend, if its on my back up drive and check out what you are looking for.

5. Appreciate it!

You know: let's say today I have Nov 10 's data in a .txt file, can I easily import these? That's the issue.

6. I have to check, its been about a year now since I used it, and I always had the data going in live, or updated the same day.

7. basis

basis

It's a calculation tool, and a damn good one. Importing and all that is your problem.

8. Importing aside, what makes it "damn good"?

9. You're kidding right ?

10. No man, seriously. He doesn’t provide the import info beforehand because “it weeds out the tyre kickers and time wasters”, literally. “The full version is only $US70 but if that's too much it's probably time to look at other vendors.”

With almost any other product I would’ve moved on indeed but this is complex math stuff and with some math background myself I know that the *really* good guys (not me) usually have a screw loose in the communications department, so this may actually be a good sign.

#10     Dec 8, 2006