Anyone using StarLink to trade?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bad_Badness, Feb 22, 2021.

1. SunTrader

SunTrader

So only cheaper countries and only faster?

:rolleyes:

#31     Feb 24, 2021
  2. nursebee

nursebee

I've ordered Starlink, expect mid to late year for it to be ready here.
    They talk about down times. Trading certain time frames requires a plan for this.
    I regularly had issues on other satellite services.
    I would not advise Satellite for many of the traders here.

#32     Feb 24, 2021
  3. virtusa

virtusa

#33     Feb 24, 2021
  4. SunTrader

SunTrader

#34     Feb 24, 2021
  5. virtusa

virtusa

Despite the fact that most Americans believe that the civilization ends when you cross the border of the US, there is life outside the US too.

Come and visit us, we will offer you a free course in reading comprehension, because you clearly need that. Just like your friend Relentless.

#35     Feb 24, 2021
  6. First you said data capped at 28. Now you say its 25. Will it be 20 next?

You pinpointed $40. Data capped closer to the price point you CLAIMED.

My reading comprehension is fine.

Make up your mind on which data points you want to reference.

I'd ask if your inability to function at a basic level was widespread over where you are at, but I've had friends over there for years. That makes you special. ;)

#36     Feb 24, 2021
  7. Wasting your time. Guy thinks he is Einstein in every thread he posts in. Can't fix stupid.

#37     Feb 24, 2021
  8. Turveyd

Turveyd

I pay £25 GBP for a 320Mbs line uncapped so that's @$33 and that's expensive drop to $20 for a 100MB line, but got loads of users.

So Faster and Cheaper, go out to a little house 5miles into the country side and ofcourse Starlink would be the winner if you need speed doubt you get 2Mbs some places only dial up still.

#38     Feb 24, 2021
  9. wartrace

wartrace

In my experience all internet providers have issues providing 100% uptime. Plan ahead by using a backup internet provider and a trading VPS. Yes it is expensive BUT if you qualify for trader tax status the secondary internet connection and VPS are tax deductible.

I'm no more concerned with using starlink for my short term trading strategies than any other provider. because I have built in redundancy. In my view it is no different than if you were trading using Comcast; you still need to prepare for data interruptions.

The main attraction for me is I am no longer tied to populated areas if I can find somewhere with some sort of cell signal for a backup.

#39     Feb 24, 2021
  10. cobco

cobco

10ms latency from Europe to anywhere in North America is impossible. Simple Physics. Nice try though.
    The fastest purposely developed direct link between financial hubs of NYC and London is at 41ms.
    And this is what Mr Musk is aiming for - to get a few pieces of a few delicious pies. Retail folk is making a buzz and press prostitutes are always there to either warship or condemn.

#40     Mar 7, 2021