Anyone using Scottrade?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Marck, Nov 8, 2007.

1. me an idiot???????????
    well yes i am-at least i am brave enough to admit it
    i admit the error of my ways-arrogance in believing in ones choices and not having a good trading strategy because i was a newbie completely to the trading scene(teach me to fish,i dont want your free fish)=a fool and his money are soon parted
    I ADMIT IT I SCREWED UP
    and yes the platform(BROKER) is partly resonsible because of what the do with frontrunning a stock and what not-do not give me anymore shit,at least i man up and say when i am wrong and screwed up which is 90% DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS SELF PROMOTION ON THIS SITE-i am watching and learning-gimme a break dont be such a a$$hole

#31     Dec 10, 2007
  2. It sounds like you should be blaming yourself instead.

I've been trading with Elite platform, and have been doing well.

Yes, they do play "games" and I noticed that on several occasions because they route their orders to their preferred MMs.

However, these "games" become routine, and you can easily take advantage of these "tricks" to make more money if you think about it a little.

Instead of complaining, think about how you can make money. Maybe that will help you do better.

#32     Dec 10, 2007
  3. Thanks sung, you saved me a response to that dribble.

#33     Dec 10, 2007
  4. me an idiot???????????
    well yes i am-at least i am brave enough to admit it
    i admit the error of my ways-arrogance in believing in ones choices and not having a good trading strategy because i was a newbie completely to the trading scene(teach me to fish,i dont want your free fish)=a fool and his money are soon parted
    I ADMIT IT I SCREWED UP--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    was this not good enough for you trading gods???????????
    how many people will admit to being idiotic-and no i do still have not figured out how to beat their game especially the market makers-yes bad pick NFI but MM pumped it several times to catch retail longs-never experienced this no books or people talking MM strategies-so i am learning gimme a break
    and no i do not know how to beat scottrade at their game
    forgive me

#34     Dec 11, 2007
  5. most stocks i have traded the volume dictated the action and being able to hide retail longs-if you look at the order-bid /ask scottrade scottrade displays a turqoise color for retail orders -you tell me the MM dont know who is buying or selling and if they are institutional or not?
    hard to beat them with elite

#35     Dec 11, 2007
  6. They liguidated my account and charged me a fortune for commissions. I simply opened a few option positions and they liquidated me

#36     May 14, 2008
  7. sorry to hear about that-you prolly are the new owner of the stock you called to yourself???????

#37     May 14, 2008
  8. Don't be too hard on yourself, everybody has a learning experience full of mistakes. We often walked into traps while we were learning to trade. As if our own mistakes are not enough, these brokers like Scottrade is setting up extra obstacles for new traders. Shame on them!

#38     May 14, 2008