Anyone using Samsung 214T or 204B

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ifinitis, Feb 3, 2006.

1. ifinitis

ifinitis

LCD Monitors, I am thinking of getting Two 214T's. I am still looking at what is out there at this time.

I will be using the monitors to replace two 19" LCD's. Samsung 191T. I have had good luck with Samsung Monitors, but will entertain other brands.

The Monitors will be primarily used for Trading; however, I also play games online some with my son and a friend so graphics response is also important.

I use BFG Nvidia 6800 GT OC Graphics Cards.

Any thoughts and reply's are welcome.

2. ifinitis

ifinitis

after looking at the other post here on Dell Monitors I am now considering the 2405fpw (24" LCD). Since I am upgrading and this monitor has a good response time, etc. So include that in your response as well.

3. Chagi

Chagi

I've read many great things about the Dell 24" monitor, but something to keep in mind is that you need a pretty hefty gaming rig to be able to play games at its native resolution.

4. ozzy

ozzy

I have 3 x 213T. I like them. Personally I would wait for the 24" to come down in price and then get 4 x 24".

5. Schaefer

Schaefer

As long as you have the space on your desk, get 24" CRTs like I did and have the best of both worlds :D

Happy trading.

PS: On second thought, make sure the desk is sturdy enough, them suckers weigh almost 100lbs each :eek:

6. what kind of cards will you be using with those?

7. ifinitis

ifinitis

I currently have BFG Nvidia 6800 GT OC 256 AGP cards. I will be upgrading 1 PC to PCIE and will most likely get the new Nvidia 7000 series c ard, not sure exactly which one yet.

I would like to use the 6800's a bit with the new monitors before I upgrade the PC; however, I understand your question and will have to see if the 6800 will drive the 1920x1200, looking now.

8. ifinitis

ifinitis

Seems the 6800's will work fine.

9. thankx