Anyone using Python on a large scale trading application?

Discussion in 'App Development' started by chromosome, Dec 11, 2011.

1. vicirek

vicirek

Yes, I meant those compulsory four space indentations. That raised red flag for me since it could introduce difficult to find syntax errors. I learned a little bit of Python by reading books since guys who know Python can write better texts than most authors. I have written few lines of Python code but in the process I found that R which is structured like Python is much easier and has comparable libraries. I still prefer C++ and use .Net but it becomes obvious that Python popularity is increasing and influences other languages as well

#51     Nov 3, 2015
  2. Butterfly

Butterfly

the popularity of Python comes from its simplicity and straight forward syntax

it feels like Java 1.0 :p

the idea is to have an easy to read language that can be easy to debug, the 4 space is a bit strange in the beginning but you get used to it very quickly

#52     Nov 3, 2015
  3. Magna

Magna Administrator

To all, Volpunter is no longer welcome on this thread (which has been cleaned up). Let's please keep the discussion civil and professional, and thanks for your contributions.

#53     Nov 5, 2015
  4. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

I'm not a programmer but I still enjoyed your posts. However, I do watch a lot of TV, so the only thing I understood was the "Dr. Sheldon Cooper" reference. :)

#54     Nov 5, 2015