Anyone using IB TwsActiveX.xlsm on Excel 2010 64-bit?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by HotTip, Jul 13, 2010.

1. HotTip

HotTip

I may need to upgrade to Excel 64-bit in order to handle increasingly larger backtest/analysis files (>150MB) that seem to cause 32-bit to constantly crap out (I always get the annoying message "Excel does not have enough resources to complete your request"). The problem is, I also use IB's TwsActiveX file alot for its market scanner and historical data, and on Microsoft's website it says that ActiveX controls are not supported in 64-bit.

Is anyone successfully using IB's TwsActiveX.xlsm file with Excel 2010 64-bit? IB tells me there are no compatibility issues, but I wanted to get confirmation from users before I went ahead. Also, are there any other things that I give up if I decide to migrate to 64-bit? The Microsoft website also talks about 64-bit's incompatibility with add-ins, but I don't know of any 3rd party add-ins that I use.

Thanks for your help!

2. HotTip

HotTip

Anyone?

3. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

4. HotTip

HotTip

Hi DAV. Someone in IB api tech support told me that the TwsActiveX.xlsm file was tested with Excel 64-bit and that there are no known issues. But, when I try to open up the file I get a compile error referring to a declare statement. I emailed a screen print of the error to the api team to see if they can fiure out the fix.

5. Picaso

Picaso

I could go on with the nightmares I've had with 64 bits, but to save you the trouble, I'd simply strongly recommend that you download a demo in a backup computer and test for yourself that it works <i>for you</i>.

Otherwise you'll get the never-ending mantra of "Everything seems to be working fine at my end", etc.

Good luck