Anyone Using IB Mobile TRader?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ewile, Dec 22, 2002.

1. ewile

ewile

Hi,
    Wondering if anyone is successfully using IB's Mibile Trader, and if so on what sort of device, and what do you think of the service. Specifics of the device would be appreciated (make, model etc). I'm particularly interested in learning if anyone is using it via Sprint as that is the cellular company I use. (I'm willing to switch to get MT)

Thanks,
    Ed

2. def

def Sponsor

There is an IB mobile trader forum on the discussion board on the IB web site. You should be able to find the info you need there. If not, ask a question as it is monitored by tech support.

3. I use it on a laptop with a cdma (cellular) sierra aircard through verizon wireless. I've installed winwap software because it is a laptop. It works very well. I'm amazed at how fast I get a trade and confirmation with it. Obviously it will only work as well as the cellular coverage in your area.

4. Foz

Foz

How did you decide to use Mobile Trader on your laptop? You could have used the usual TWS, right?

5. I haven't tried this yet, but I was thinking about using a windows ce device (ipaq), with verizon's g3 service ($100/mo, unlimited data, 52k-ish speeds), and just run the standard tws (with few equities on the screen)

If you're running a mechanical system, and you leave your software running at home, it should be possible to build a client-server piece to send the signals to your always-connected ce device. With autoexecution, if you're brave.

regards,
    laz

6. No. TWS will not run with a low speed connection. Wireless cdma only runs about 17 kps if your lucky. There are faster wireless technologies but they get expensive.

7. I don't think you can install the tws with that operating system. Tws also needs 500 speed or better processor and 128 ram I believe.