Anyone using CQG order entry system?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by chiproptrader, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Hi,

I am using a demo version of CQG's ladder trade.

Possibly going to use it live depending on some unresolved issues with the software?

Has anyone used this software?

What were your results?

When I spoke to a support rep I was getting a smoke screen on what version I would be using and what features I could use.

I could not get straight answer if I could use a one click order entry and exit feature. They call it the fast click function.

When I enter an order now I have to drag the price over to the bid or ask column and then I have to confirm the order through a notification tab.

I had the system crash on me twice yesterday.

Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Truff

Truff

I used to use CQG. I found it to be one of the most reliable data feeds ive used. I'm surprised you had a problem. One click order entry is not available anymore. You must have a confirmation window. TT patents. You can use the buy and sell market buttons or click on the price. Only difference is the confirmation window.

3. I use it. I haven't had any issues with stability thus far. As far as having to confirm the order after dragging the price into the appropriate column, just click the 'Setup' button that appears when the DOM screen is active. There's an option under notifications to turn that off.

You can also enter an order simply by clicking, and I'm sure you can turn that off as well, but I haven't tried. If I'm using the mouse, I like dragging the price. If I'm trying to be fast, I use the keyboard's left and right keys.

4. Thanks Truff

What version are you using?

So you were able to click in the bid or ask column and place on order that way?

You did not have to drag the price over?

5. Thanks Jason

When I went into the office yesterday I was told that depending on my clearing firm I might have the option of turning off the notifications and using the one click function, but was not guaranteed anything

6. I'm also thinking about using CQG. My FCM is GHCO, which doesn't offer Eurex in CQG. The current version of J-trader isn't too bad, it now uses Sun JVM. If J-trader's reliability is good enough, I may not swith to CQG.

7. Truff

Truff

J trader is not in the same league as CQG when it comes to reliability

8. does anyone know

whats TT charges for CME & ecbot access

9. Truff

Truff

its usually $650 for first exchange and $950 for 2 exchanges per month