Anyone using a Wireless Connection?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by [Proximo], Mar 28, 2008.

1. Just want to get some feedback from folks using Wireless and the performance.

Thanks.

2. I have a Wireless G in my house and get a good signal even outside. I get about 3 - 3.5 Mbps throughout the house which is plenty for trading. I also play Xbox 360 network games over it and have not noticed any performance problems. I did have to add a repeater on the far end of the house (I recommend Hawking repeaters over Linksys). Oh and be sure to replace any stock antennas with high-gain ones. That will give you a noticeable coverage and reliability boost.

3. Great thanks for the info. I've got a D-Link Wireless router at the moment. I was a little paranoid going wireless, the cable line is inactive on my floor and running 60feet of cable was an eye sore.

I'll be getting ADSL in a few weeks so I'll make do with this for the time being. So far it looks ok.

4. It has gotten really good with Wireless G. Be sure to enable security features such as MAC address authentication and encryption if you are paranoid (wisely) about security. You don't want your neighbors jumping on your network and surfing your bandwidth for free!

5. Heh, yeah we're using WPA2. I was more worried about the connection giving. I'll be trading light for the 1st month here anyway so it should be all good.