anyone uses polygon.io?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by trend2009, Mar 15, 2020.

1. what do you think about their data? does it worth migration from iqfeed to them?

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

What Asset Classes? What feeds do you need? What latency do you need?

3. i trade equity. $200 below is ok. latency is not critical, as I am using iqfeed, which has latency around 300 ms. iqfeed does not provide full market coverage, which i need. polygon has full market coverage.

4. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

They have a 1wk free trial (Last time I looked). Why not just give them a try?

5. need coding. do not want to invest time before I am sure it worth.

6. DaveV

DaveV

I used polygon.io, for equities, for about 6 months in 2018, as a replacement for NxCore who were changing vendors and was virtually unusable.

I used both the polygon.io WebSockets and NATS interfaces. WebSockets had problems keeping up if you were monitoring quotes for more than 1,000 symbols. NATS was better, and worked most of the time for 5,000+ symbols, but fell 30 to 60 seconds behind during market open (09:30), and market close (16:00).

I have since gone back to NxCore.

traider and IAS_LLC like this.
  7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

trend2009-I'm not sure who your broker is and really what your needs are but we offer Realtick Pro with API. It is a C++ or C#.net API with clean data from the software and choice of ECN/Exchange/Dark pool/algo routes for equities and options. No need for another source of trading data, but can't be used for backtesting. https://emsportal.ezesoft.com/download.aspx?sidenav=rtapi. Email me to get sample code for either C++ or C#.net.