Anyone used Interactive Brokers ? ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by teenie_weenie, Nov 9, 1999.

1. def

def Sponsor

2. mjt

mjt

Def

I am constantly running finding stocks that are not linked to ISLD and/or REDI. Consequently, it is nearly impossible to trade these stocks. Who should I contact at IB concerning this? I am going to have to email them every day with a new list of stocks that have incomplete links. I don't understand why they would set stocks up without complete links.

#162     Feb 7, 2001
  3. def

def Sponsor

mjt,
    correct, it shouldn't happen and I'm not sure why. I'll try to address the issue. In the meantime, a mail to the help desk should be enough to set the links up within a day or two.

#163     Feb 7, 2001
  4. mjt

mjt

def

The problem is that I run into stocks every day that don't have all the links. I trade a lot of different stocks, and sometimes lesser known companies. I have no problem sending an email, but I just wondered if it would fall on deaf ears if they got a daily email from me with a list of stocks. Also, what email address do I need to use to get this info to the proper person?

BTW, I'm the moderator of this forum, and I deleted that post from the guy trying to spam his brokerage. That's the second one I've had to delete, and I think it was for the same broker.

#164     Feb 7, 2001
  5. def

def Sponsor

1. thanks,

2. e-mail to the help desk will not fall on deaf ears as they have a procedure to forward to the database personnel. I'll dig a bit deeper on this one and try to get them to clean things up.

#165     Feb 7, 2001
  6. Frank1

Frank1

Been with Interactive Brokers for some time now. It is simple .... do the math......commisions are far less than other brokers and executions are fast. It bewilders me that anyone who actively trades doesn't use them....

#166     Feb 28, 2001