Anyone use Wall Street Access for trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by new2trading, Sep 17, 2002.

1. I ad this company call me today about switching to them. Has anyone ever used them or heard anything about them? Any info would be of great help.

2. Hubert

only direct acess here sorry
  3. They tried to tell em they were direct access. Thats why I was asking. :)

4. I used to have an account with them for options trading. While I would not recommend them for direct access stock trading (they are web-based), I do think they are among the tops in customer service for options trading. They also allow you to enter sophisticated options strategies online, which is nice. I also like Mr. Stock for options trading.
  5. Kymar

That's hard to believe. I used to trade with them: Great company if you trade options and/or very large positions, and if you like to have someone else work your orders. Otherwise, they're way behind the times for stock trading, even for web-based stock trading - and they've had nothing remotely deserving of the term "direct access" unless there's something new and big they're doing that hasn't gotten out yet. I doubt it, but stranger things have happened, I guess.
  6. They're not direct access but web based as has been mentioned. And I agree that they are primarily options oriented. You can trade equities there but their commissions are steep, around $25 round trip, I believe.