Anyone use virtualstockexchange.com?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by fatrat, Apr 12, 2007.

1. fatrat

fatrat

My university is running a contest which I'm part of. I've been doing quite well, but this web site (virtualstockexchange.com) gives the crappiest fills, limit orders don't usually work right, and order confirmation doesn't happen for periods of over 20 minutes.

Anyone know if their technical staff gives backfills?

I never get a response from the people running this web site. They probably figure if it's a fake money site, they don't have to care about users. Either way, this virtualstockexchange.com web site has some seriously broken functionality, limited number of order types, and all-around sucks.

I tried trading CEGE on the web site, and when I put limit orders to sell on their web site, they'd miss the trade and I'd end up out 10-15% at a time. I finally fixed my problem by gaining my 15% back, but am still totally pissed that this site is considered a "good web site" to run a fake stock trading game on. It might be a good simulation of how trading was in the 1980s, but it certainly is not a good exchange for anything past 1995.

Piece of shit. [Just venting.]

2. dpolyakov

dpolyakov

There ia a much better web site:
    www.mmexplorer.com
    You can set stops, limits, go short, long and so on - like on a real platform.
    Also all trades you can see on the chart.

dima