Anyone use/used PF Sense?

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by WinstonTJ, Aug 4, 2010.

1. I installed it on a box yesterday and I'm trying to learn how to use it. I hear its similar to DDWRT but haven't spent enough time in it.

Need to create multiple subnets - trying to create a "sandbox" to isolate sensative information from the outside/programmers/traders, etc.

Any good forums/users?

2. pfSense is used in about every type and size of network environment imaginable, and is almost certainly suitable for your network whether it contains one computer, or thousands. This section will outline the most common deployments.

3. I would say use the beta as well, the core is very solid and the few user interface "niggles" don't generally affect actual functionality (or security), especially of basic home functions. Keep in mind that if you try any of the addon packages (which can be installed from within the admin interface), many of these have not been fully tested with pfSense 2 beta, or haven't been tested with the most recent snapshots at least, so they may or may not work well. Many do work, just don't count on it :) And keep a configuration file backup handy on your computer (easy to download from the UI), you can always reload and start fresh quickly if something goes too wrong.

4. i'm trying to create a sandbox area where developers can play without giving up any IP...

PF Sense + Openfiler???