anyone use trailing stops when trading Forex?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by increasenow, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Nexen

Nexen

Mid pivot, no such thing, in that case, mid pivot was the pivot and you made a mistake in calculations.

#11     Nov 28, 2009
  2. I was almost expecting this retort (or troll, it's getting close..). Let me be more specific - "mid pivot" referring to any point between pivot levels, not the mid-pivot itself.

#12     Nov 28, 2009
  3. Nexen

Nexen

If you are going to get enlightened at the very least you should show some respect.

#13     Nov 28, 2009
  4. why not use it...say your up 100+...good to lock in without losing all due to a reversal...that is the real deal

#14     Nov 28, 2009
  5. Enlightened! :D Yes, please enlighten all of us on your magic pivots that price universally respects, oh great trading master Nexen! :p

How many pikers with holy grails are there on ET? Talk about a strange anomaly.. Well at least you've picked up your official ET Sense of Entitlement badge rather quickly, good job! :p

#15     Nov 28, 2009
  6. I programmed and backtested all three types of pivots; I did not find any statistical significance in winning. It does not mean there is none, but at this stage I treat them as any random lines between daily or bi-daily high and low.

#16     Nov 28, 2009
  7. Nexen

Nexen

I never said I had a holy grail, I said when I predetermined incorrectly it was because I had the wrong picks.

You asked me, so yes, in that sense you were asking to get enlightnened on how I choose them.

To top things off you laugh at the size I trade because I was being honest in public posts?

Very classy.

#17     Nov 28, 2009
  8. there is only one pivot that works

#18     Nov 28, 2009
  9. and that is?

#19     Nov 28, 2009
  10. "with my definitions, price most definitely travels exclusively, from pivot to pivot."

The original statement is definitive, not fallible as your follow-up suggests. If you had mentioned both from the beginning, I would never have made any grail comment.

I meant to contrast how you label yourself with how quick you are to tell someone else they're wrong. If that was out of place, then I apologize & take it back.

#20     Nov 28, 2009