Anyone use Shortboy.com??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Vinny Gigante, Jan 11, 2002.

1. One more thing I think everyone should know about this guy who calls himself Sam rocky john and Turoc is why do they all have the same ip address: 206.51.139.21
    :mad:

#41     Jan 17, 2002
  2. didn't know you were a liar, on top of everything else. Same ip address? that's a good one. If you really had access to ip addresses, you could cut and paste the entire thread that shows them. I know you don't have access to them and so you are a liar.

I told you all this poor excuse has no life. I told you so!!!

#42     Jan 17, 2002
  3. As long as you are sure Sam, you seem to be getting awfully worried perhaps its time you came clean and changed you soiled underpants.:D

#43     Jan 17, 2002
  4. Ronin

Ronin

The IP address wwatson posted (206.51.139.21)
    is invalid and not a functioning IP address.

#44     Jan 17, 2002
  5. all i know is this stupid thread is about to be wiped so sam i hate you bye:D

#45     Jan 17, 2002
  6. you say:

"Let's say that a stock closes at $49.80. Alfa issues a long trigger for $50.25 for the next day. The stock gaps to $50.75 and climbs from there. For their accounting, Alfa uses their trigger of $50.25 as their accounting entry even though there of course is no way to get it until .50 later (if you decide to chase). I find that accounting method to be misleading (especially since it is not explained)."

Misleading is being kind. That is NOT a trade. I'm glad you pointed this out because I find it totally improper to count something like that as real.

You might as well call that "paper trading", because it ain't real.

If they were really good, they wouldn't need to use this type of false accounting.

Would alfatrading.com like to use these words in their next testimonial?? I doubt it.

John, please tell me when they STOP this fantasy trade stuff, and only count REAL trades, that people can ACTUALLY make REAL money on.

Respectfully, Sam

#46     Jan 18, 2002
  7. >Would alfatrading.com like to use these
    >words in their next testimonial?? I doubt it.

I'm sure they wouldn't like your words any better than mine where I called it "misleading".

>If they were really good, they wouldn't need
    >to use this type of false accounting.

Well, yes and no...you can be "really good" and choose to use an accounting method that is lousy (IMO). It's clear from their results that they don't "need" to use this method but unfortunately they choose to anyway.

>John, please tell me when they STOP this
    >fantasy trade stuff, and only count REAL
    >trades, that people can ACTUALLY make
    >REAL money on.

I don't personally give a rip if you use Alfa or not and I share your displeasure with the method, but I can say that you are only hurting yourself by the above statement. They are calling "REAL trades that people can ACTUALLY make REAL money on". Look for yourself through their track record and your charts and tell me how many of their trades fall into this misleading category... then of course take into account the fact that if you miss it and it turns out to be a losing trade you actually MADE money by missing the call. When you go through and add it all up, it's only a minor excursion.

As I previously and openly stated, only a small percentage (<10%) of their trades fit the above category and half of those are .25 or less which falls into reasonable slippage for a multipoint swing trade. For instance, so far this month my real results are less than 2% off of their posted results...I'm up over 17% so far for the year (using real accounting methods, not theirs).

Now that I know what their accounting method is, it's easy to know how to handle the situation, but I'm with you 100% on wishing they would change and would never suggest that you use them if that minor discrepancy bothers you that much.

JB

#47     Jan 18, 2002
  8. john how long have you been running your site alfa brava.com?:D

#48     Jan 18, 2002
  9. ericdh

ericdh

wwatson, are you OK?

Do you have a lot of pain and strife in your life?

Is this board kind of a therapy for you, a place where you can anonymously lash out at the world that has hurt you so deeply?

Maybe, I say this gently to you, maybe you should seek counsel.:confused:

#49     Jan 19, 2002
  10. Hey, wwatson does some good. He pumps up the membership numbers. I would venture that half of the 9K plus members are his aliases.

#50     Jan 19, 2002