Anyone use Shortboy.com??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Vinny Gigante, Jan 11, 2002.

1. jsmith

jsmith

wwatson1,

That's funny. It was exactly what I was thinking!

A person creates a couple accounts.
    First account asks "Anyone try this site?"
    Second account goes, it looks good.
    Third account goes, I use them and they are great.

And these are people who've never posted to
    EliteTrader until this one post to promote their site.

Babak already pointed out that the site's performance
    records include interest just from the 200k starting capital.

#11     Jan 13, 2002
  2. I know, the site looks alright but why only short the market, thats just as bad as saying you only go long!!:confused:

#12     Jan 13, 2002
  3. 10K

Well, I can assure you I am not anyone else but me (not shortboy or alfatrading either). :)

I saw Rock's post about evaluating various stock picking sites, which I have an interest, so I am simply asking if he has recently encountered any others.

OK? :)

#13     Jan 13, 2002
  4. Magna

Magna Administrator

wwatson and jsmith,

I think you guys have got this thread nailed. On pg. 1 when I saw the originator of the thread, Vinny Gigante, in one of his first posts on Elite respond to someone by saying:

I don't think you speak for everyone. Do you think you speak for everyone?

I said to myself, hmmm, who does that sound like? Do we have the next incarnation, someone who's always been fascinated by shortboy.com, the latest in a long string of aliases... :)

#14     Jan 13, 2002
  5. coops

coops

Damn, Magna - you got there before me........ :D

Now, this isn't independently audited but :- soon as I saw the name (I mean Vinny Gigante, dearie dearie me...), and the reference to his old fave, shortboy.... yup, he's back. Kind of enjoy it really - like rubbernecking a train wreck......

now if only it was as easy to spot those NVDA bottoms i might actually make some money :(

coops

#15     Jan 14, 2002
  6. :cool:

I read Shortboy.com disclaimer statement and it raises red flags.

http://www.shortboy.com/dis_frm.htm

Anytime a website saids something like this in their disclaimer should be avoided in my opinion:

"SHORTBOY.COM DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE
    SEQUENCE, TIMELINESS, ACCURACY OR
    COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION, AND MAY
    DISCONTINUE GENERATING THE INFORMATION
    WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE."

"...Shortboy.com, Inc. does not warrant the completeness or accuracy of any information or data contained in this site..."

Also, websites without CONTACT information (at minimum):

- email address
    - Name of Contact
    - Phone Number and/or Street Address
    - About Us

Last of all, for a website to ask for $119 subscription fee without the above info is a bit outrageous.

For that amount of money...I would think Shortboy.com could afford to spend (no pun intended) money on a better website that doesn't indicate a someone's teenager in the high school trading club own's the site.

Thus, there are far too many "subscription" clubs that provide the necessary information without raising warnings (red flags) while helping its customers make a profit.

Just my opinion and a site I would recommend to stay away and spend money elsewhere about the financial markets.

#16     Jan 14, 2002
  7. GoodMorningAll...

10K,

"rock are you using www.alfatrading.com"

YES!!!I am currently into only two:

Shorty&Alfa

Both are Great for me...

easyrider,

"I am under the impression that you are making money following calls from different web sites. Can you share what kind of money your making doing this?"

WellYes!!....but it all depends on the amount of shares you carry...on alfa I am currently making trades using 200 shares per trade.

YTD...up about 4K

"Can you make a living doing this or are you just supplementing your income?"

I think you can, but as you know, it all depends what your personal expenses are.
    I am retired..
    My expenses are low..
    My wife works..
    ...and We have a GreatIncome from our RealEstateInvestments.

In reality, RealEstate only takes up about 10% of my time and I trade to keep busy while my wife is at work...women on the side are TOO EXPENSIVE or I am TOO CHEAP!...hehehe

wwatson,

Are you STILL around?

"I know, the site looks alright but why only short the market, thats just as bad as saying you only go long!!"

.....????maybe he likes it!!!!DUH...

jsmith,

"Babak already pointed out that the site's performance records include interest just from the 200k starting capital."

...and Your point is???

....as always,

GoodInvesting, Rocky

#17     Jan 14, 2002
  8. 10K

Hi Rock, thanks for the reply.

www.alfatrading.com looks good. Last year's performance was outstanding IMO.

Didn't I read you were using trendfund (waxie)?
    What happened? Didn't do well for you in the long run?

#18     Jan 14, 2002
  9. 10K,

"Didn't I read you were using trendfund (waxie)?
    What happened? Didn't do well for you in the long run?"

I was doing DD on Waxie for a long time. I didn't use the site for trading. I think Waxie is a GreatTrader...after writing him, following him and watching him ...I have come to think (IMHO only) that:
    He is always raising his fees and charging for alot of other "STUFF" even after the fees have been paid...and other CRAP...that~

It would not surprise me to see him GoDown with law suites and or SEC problems!!!

....as always,

GoodInvesting, Rocky

#19     Jan 14, 2002
  10. "law suites"???

#20     Jan 14, 2002