Anyone use Open Office ?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Joab, Apr 25, 2007.

1. piezoe

piezoe

I much prefer Open Office to MS-Office. I have had fewer compatibilty problems with O.O., and it seems to be more oriented to getting the job done. it runs faster on my computers and doesn't tie up my computer's resources with cute but annoying and useless features, e.g., dancing paperclips, etc.

#11     Apr 27, 2007
  2. andread

andread

it usually works decently, yes. But you can never be sure. Maybe you can try it for a while. You can always take M$ later.
    Besides, maybe you can ask those people to install OpenOffice. Spread the word :)

#12     Apr 27, 2007
  3. Moreagr

Moreagr

wanted to ask you if you meant 3 years of excel data storage?? or you taking about a database with excel? I know excel an handle some historical data for storage but did not know the exact amount.

#13     Apr 30, 2007
  4. Talking about Excel itself, in terms of the 1,000-fold increased maximum worksheet size in Excel 2007 vs. 2003.

#14     Apr 30, 2007
  5. I was, many years ago, working with an MS-Excel spreadsheet which somehow became corrupted, so that Excel could not open it. I was very upset, because the file had an enormous quantity of data in it that I could not afford to lose.

I downloaded and installed Open Office. Open Office was able to recover all of my data from the corrupted Excel file, something that Excel could not accomplish.

#15     May 5, 2007