anyone use ninjatrader for TWS?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by jay567, May 17, 2003.

1. Not for US equity or futures instruments.

#11     May 19, 2003
  2. pretzel

pretzel

#12     May 19, 2003
  3. I installed it yesterday without problems and it seems to run stable.
    Functionality is the best I have seen so far (compared to Bracket Trader, AutoTrader or Futures-Trader). Good manual on the website, too.

I will use it for trading ES and EuroSTOXX50 (ESTX50).

#13     May 19, 2003
  4. i had a probem installing it but i am COMPUTER DUMDUM...... IS THERE A HELP AREA???

#14     May 19, 2003
  5. Larry,

Primary support is located at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ninja-trader/

Usual installation problems either have to deal with the MS .Net framework not being installed or the latest TWS API 7.01 not installed.

1) Make sure the .Net framework is up to date and installed

http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/downloads/howtoget.asp

2) Install the latest TWS API, you can download it here:

http://home.attbi.com/~r.deux/InstallAX.exe

Let me know if this works. You can email me directly at rdeux@ninjatrader.com

#15     May 19, 2003
  6. THANKS RAYMOND......... ALTHOUGH NOT YET A USER YOUR SUPPORT SEEMS GREAT.............PLEASE GIVE IB SOME LESSONS.

#16     May 19, 2003
  7. THANKS AGAIN. FOLLOWED YOUR LINKS AND ADVICE AND GOT THE PROGRAM RUNNING. LOOKS GOOD BUT DO NOT WANT TO MESS WITH LIVE DATA DURING MARKET HOURS. LOOKS LIKE EVEN I WILL FIND IT EASY TO USE THOUGH. THANKS AGAIN.

#17     May 19, 2003
  8. Any time.

#18     May 19, 2003
  9. I just released Beta 5 which includes a live market simulator. Its available on my website www.ninjatrader.com

#19     Jun 4, 2003
  10. Neil

Neil

I just downloaded it today and did a couple of equity trades.. works well so far and has lots of good stuff.. read the web site which explains well the various options... scaling in or out.. trailing stops.. bracket orders.. breakout/fade entries.. easy to adjust targets and stops once placed.. excellent

couple more things I like.. I run two pc's and four monitors on a LAN and have tws on the older one as order entry and also feeding sierra charts.. the newer superduperdell pc runs IRT. Ninjatrader can run on the dell and allows me to connect via the IP address of the tws pc.. which as I understand it will allow later the ability to use a button on IRT to place an order from a chart direct via NT to IB.. in the meantime it is a matter of one second to select and copy a symbol from IRT and paste into ninja.. saves typing symbols into IB.. oh and it also has a good statistics feature that shows all trades for today or any specified date range.. giving win/loss ratios and % and stuff.. and that can be exported to excel as a text file..

well early days yet but seems promising to me..

Neil

#20     Jun 12, 2003