Anyone use my method?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by no_pm_please, Dec 10, 2005.

1. Steve

Are you using tradestation to trade this system? I have been watching it using Ensign ever since you mentioned it a few months ago, however my results are not as good as npp's.
    I was thinking of switching over to Tradestation.
    Is it ok to pm you please? Thanks in advance.

#41     Dec 11, 2005
  2. ozzy

ozzy

I'm going through the previous thread as I write. I'll try to automate this system in the next week or so. I would also be interested in the new journal if there was to be one.

Thanks for putting the time in to share your ideas.

ozzy

#42     Dec 11, 2005
  3. no pm,

Thanks for bringing this topic back to life. I somehow missed the original journal. There are so many of them and most are hopeless, but yours was one of the best.

#43     Dec 12, 2005
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

wow! I miss the original thread the first time but it is nice to read 100+ pages in 1 shot, see who made what comments and how they have evolved, so porgie is for real...nice porgie...,thank and wish you best of health.

#44     Dec 12, 2005
  5. HooLee

HooLee

Your short exit looks like also a long setup, right?

#45     Dec 12, 2005
  6. saico

saico

Hi Fader,

what adjustments are you using for Ensign indicators?
    Thanks!

Saico

#46     Dec 12, 2005
  7. npmp

I set the system up last night on Ensign and manually went through November but as others have mentioned my results where not that great either.

Here's what the set up looks like with and IB feed.

http://charts.dacharts.com/2005-12-12/SSP84.png

#47     Dec 12, 2005
  8. No, each trade follows a progression as described in the original journal. On Thursday it didn't happen. Only the trade I described was accurate.

npp

#48     Dec 12, 2005
  9. saico

saico

Quote from Samson77:[/i]

npmp

I set the system up last night on Ensign and manually went through November but as others have mentioned my results where not that great either.

Here's what the set up looks like with and IB feed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As no-pm mentioned, the system doesn't perform well during trend days, like we had in november and december.

#49     Dec 12, 2005
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

I read through the original thread. Interesting, although to me it looks like the Keltner channel is pretty much the same as the Bollinger bands. It also has the same characteristic of not working when the market is in a trend.

So I guess this system could be used very well after a runup when we expect consolidation for a few days, or after a big drop... Otherwise I don't see much difference than using a plain Bollinger....

#50     Dec 12, 2005