Anyone use my method?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by no_pm_please, Dec 10, 2005.

1. no pm please

You are a gentleman and a scholar ... ET could use 100 more traders like you !

I'm sure this will help many here in ET, so don't assume your efforts wasted.

:)

#21     Dec 11, 2005
  2. It probably took me 3 or 4 months of watching the market to come up with the original basic idea. It's a continuous evolutionary process. One of the reasons why I don't mind sharing what I'm doing. If the market changes, I'll sense it and change with it. I've been trading divergences in the ES/SP market for more than 4 years using the same basic concept.

#22     Dec 11, 2005
  3. I researched your previous journal when Steve46 mentioned it to someone( a newbie who was looking for a system) a few months ago. It made a great reading! I hope you are better now. Please keep posting your charts if you have the time, it's real education for some us.

Thank you once again.

#23     Dec 11, 2005
  4. Very nice. Thanks for bringing your system back to our attentions.

#24     Dec 11, 2005
  5. I see you are using Linda Raschkes settings on the Keltners. She also did a study that says once price penentrates the Keltners there is 66% chance that that price level will be tested again. The problem, of course, is that a lot can happen before that test occurs.:) I played around with something similiar to what youre doing but could not get consistent results. Divergence is tricky.

#25     Dec 11, 2005
  6. #26     Dec 11, 2005
  7. Here's the Friday trade.

Profit +3.25pts.
    Risk 2.0 pts.

Reward:risk ratio 1.6

• fri.gif
      File size:
      32.4 KB
      Views:
    #27     Dec 11, 2005
  8. What is the reason you have switched exit technique, how using parabolic made a difference ?
    peace

#28     Dec 11, 2005
  9. ER9

ER9

no_pm thank you for sharing that original journal. I very much appreciated it and it was an extremlly valuable insite into the markets for me at that time. Very much appreciated and i for one would love to see another journal.

#29     Dec 11, 2005
  10. I must admit, that I did not use the system. It is a very interesting use of indicators. I have been thinking about diversifying some funds into Futures again, and have not found anything that fits me.

I am not a fan of indicators, but I think it would be a good use of my time when I am ready to investigate this technique.

I am in no hurry for a new Journal to be started, if there is to be a new one, but I might try to learn the technique to see if it fits me.

Thank you for your time, no pm

Michael B.

#30     Dec 11, 2005