Anyone use my method?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by no_pm_please, Dec 10, 2005.

1. cvds16

cvds16

maybe pointing out how your method has evolved, and why, would be enough for most of us, not exactly a detailed journal ...

#11     Dec 10, 2005

2. no pm please

I don't blame you it is an excellent method though and I have even concidered a month on esig to give it a test.

Why not start a free blog?

I know several excellent traders that have shared some fantastic methods that way!

With a method as good as yours seems to be, I'm sure it will help people.

#12     Dec 10, 2005
  3. ozzy

ozzy

Hey Samson.

I agree with your comments. All I'm saying is that a lot of ppl lack the discipline, patience, skills and experience to follow other peoples systems. I think these are some prerequisites traders need in order to become successful. That's the point I was trying to get across.

#13     Dec 10, 2005
  4. toc

toc

"I know several excellent traders that have shared some fantastic methods that way!"

Do you have any links from these traders with blogs on ideas for trading. Thanks.

#14     Dec 10, 2005

5. ozzy

I agree :)

The BEST thing that anyone can get from someone elses system is just the thought process that went into creating it.

#15     Dec 10, 2005
  6. #16     Dec 10, 2005
  7. Hi no_pm,

Welcome back.

Yes...I remember the old journal being a lot of work for you and with the other personal stuff going on in your life that was a very serious issue...that journal became too much for you.

We would welcome a new journal by you but please be careful about putting the needs of us ET members in front of the needs in your personal life (mental or physical well-being).

Simply, your under no obligation to continue a new journal if you begin to feel mentally drained.

Therefore, hopefully other traders (especially the newbies) learned more from your prior journal than just the method itself because it was a good reminder to mental/psychological demand of trading especially when problems are triggered by something else in our lives.

Once again...welcome back and don't hesitate to start a new journal if everything else is ok in your personal life.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20761

Mark
    (a.k.a. NihabaAshi) Japanese Candlestick term

#17     Dec 11, 2005
  8. Here's the changes:

1). No longer uses SP for analysis. Everything is now off of ES data.
    2). Replaced using Chaikin Oscillator with CCI Average with standard inputs.
    3). Replaced the exit on touch of opposite Keltner with use of a .015 Parabolic stop.
    4). Don't trade anymore on any day after 1 losing trade.

Since there doesn't seem to be anyone that's used it in the 2+ years since I posted it, I guess I won't do another journal.

For anyone that wants to research it, I'll post last Thrursday and Friday's trades.

Here's the tradestation screen with the inputs for anyone that wants the setup info.

#18     Dec 11, 2005
  9. Here's Thursday's trade:

Profit +9.50
    Risk 2.25 pts.

Reward:risk ratio 4.2

• thur.gif
      File size:
      28.6 KB
      Views:
    #19     Dec 11, 2005
  10. How long did it take you to work out the details in the beginning? Most people here will not stick with anything long enough to find out whether it works or not.

#20     Dec 11, 2005