Anyone use market orders?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by interdigital, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Cash/Bright,

You guys should really consider redoing your site. This is what it looks like when I click on your link. Take some of those trading profits and hire a web developer.

#11     Dec 12, 2007
  2. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Woah! Something got messed up there... I'll re upload it!

THanks for the heads up!

Cash

#12     Dec 12, 2007
  3. yes, I just use market order only. basically I am day trading and try to catch major movement in a day, I do not want to miss the biggest intraday move. sometimes use a stop-limit order particularly in the opening highly volatile monents to avoid untolerable slippage or thin market (no orders in some range) in that moment

#13     Dec 12, 2007
  4. I just covered CFC, so you may now short it. You're welcome.

#14     Dec 13, 2007
  5. dsq

dsq

I use limit orders only and i trade the dow 30 stocks-very liquid...I get filled all the time at my price or even better...Sometimes i will put my buy on the bid and i get filled and the stock goes up...Most of the time if market is really fast i will put my order 1-2 cents above offer when im buying or 1-2 below bid when im selling that way i always get filled....I tried a market order the other day on 1000 T @ 38.12 and i got raped @38 26 cause as soon as i was filled they dropped it 10 cents before resuming the upward trend...If i had just put in limit at 38 15 i would have been filled.I think they just raped the market orders and took it back down.

#15     Dec 13, 2007
  6. CFC is tading 40 million shares a day these days, 8k lots are a drop in the bucket no reason you should not get a reasonable fill.

#16     Dec 14, 2007