Anyone use LivevolX?

Discussion in 'Options' started by ferrycorsten, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Brighton

Brighton

#21     Aug 11, 2014
  2. 1245

When an Introducing Broker bring business to IB, their clients can only do business that the Introducing broker is approved for. LiveVol Securities is not NFA approved, it says membership pending. So you can't trade futures and be their client. http://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/Details.aspx?entityid=/0p48R1Ez+s=&rn=Y

#22     Aug 11, 2014
  3. KeLo

KeLo

edit: I corrected my error to a loss of $375.5k Sorry about that. That was a huge error on my part.

#23     Aug 11, 2014
  4. 1245

It's just money!

#24     Aug 11, 2014
  5. xandman

xandman

Thanks for the links, guys.

A big negative being an IB, even though you pay all the normal IBKR data charges. You will not have subscription access to products that LVX doesn't trade. Additionally, IBKR paper trading accounts default to the original settings of the master account.

For now, I'll have to split margin dollars and data subs between 2 unlinkable accounts under the same clearing firm.

#25     Aug 11, 2014
  6. xandman

xandman

Additionally features released yesterday, you won't find it in the product website yet. These guys will kill it if they get Futures Options on this platform. Hopefully, I'll be grandfathered.

Images from the documentation.

. Portfolio.png Position.png

#26     Aug 13, 2014
  7. Just fyi - the money goes to IB. So I don't think you have to worry about LiveVol closing shop as you technically have an IB account. (One can login on TWS and IB's Webtrader although you can't make trades on them with just a LiveVol account.)

LVX (trading platform) has some oddities I really wish they'd fix, but I really really LOVE the ProScanner. I can't imagine life without the ProScanner now.

#27     Aug 20, 2014
  8. MRE

MRE

Curious...is there currently anything similar for futures options?

#28     Aug 20, 2014