Anyone use LivevolX?

Discussion in 'Options' started by ferrycorsten, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Doobs, have u switched over yet? Really curious to hear your impression.

#11     Dec 21, 2012
  2. Doobs789

Doobs789

Not yet. Probably in the next week or two.

#12     Dec 22, 2012
  3. So today was my first day up and running on Livevol X and I have to say it looks spectacular. Makes TOS look elementary.

I am running LVX through Parallels on a Mac and it works flawlessly.

I am just a retail options guy (although I wish I was a market maker), but if anyone has any questions, I will do my best to answer them.

#13     Jan 10, 2013
  4. cool deal! be interesting to hear what you have to say about it after you use it for a little while..

#14     Jan 10, 2013
  5. just21

just21

Can you use your existing ib account with livevolx? Does it support options on futures?

#15     Jan 25, 2013
  6. kapw7

kapw7

Do you mean everything is free including live quotes. access to historical data for example? You don't even have to do a minimum amount of comissions per month?

How about if you have an IB account? Can you "transfer" it to LivePro and still get the LVP free offer?

#16     Jan 26, 2013
  7. IB is just the clearing broker, your agreement is with Livevol.

LVP is pure analytics and they offer a free trial to anyone through their blog.

LVX is their full-scale analytics and execution platform. I graduated to this after using LVP. It's amazing. I strongly suggest you look into it. Most of your questions can be answered on their site, but I am highly confident you will be thrilled if you check it out. I had some concerns leaving TOS, but I immediately realized there is no comparison. If you are serious about options, this is as good as it gets.

Level the playing field. Use the same technology that MMs are using.

#17     Jan 26, 2013
  8. KeLo

KeLo

The platform sounds great ferrycorsten. But what about LiveVol losing $375.5k last year according to their their audited annual financial statement? How safe is the account if they have a claim on it because it is a margin account (even though it is deposited with IB)?

edit: I corrected my error to a loss of $375.5k Sorry about that.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    #18     Aug 11, 2014
  9. convexx

convexx

They cannot possibly have lost $375MM. Their revs are a small fraction of that figure.

#19     Aug 11, 2014
  10. xandman

xandman

They are not a public company. How did you get an audited financial statement? Link pls.

#20     Aug 11, 2014