Anyone use kettlebells?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by acronym, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Actually, it is not surprising at all. This is what a fit man well into middle age looks like if he doesn't live in a gym and take steroids. There is nothing wrong with his physique. He is lean and toned. I suspect that the angle and pose in the photo has a lot to do with turkeyneck's apparent disregard.

#31     Mar 15, 2008

2. Of course that's right, having watched the vid, well-if you want neck and traps, theres tonnes of easy exercises out there to make them "look good".

Right now, my hips and knee's are killing me, very painful just getting around, i was about to break out my walking stick earlier today.

Yes, i own a walking stick, one of those big aluminium jobs, can carry a tonne those things.
    And im not happy about it one bit, but i only really need it once or twice a year generally.

But its annoying, this pain comes outta nowhere, bang, makes me very reluctant to do anything much at all.

Well, its a good thing i have access to these kettlebells-from experience, i know that sumo deadlifts, cleans and maybe some swinging would be the only "safe" sort of exercises i can do, and are very likely to stabilise my hips/back etc.

I will report back, after using them, see what happens.

#32     Mar 19, 2008
  3. I don't use kettlebells exclusively, but they won't make your shoulders or traps disappear. Here's a pic of that they've helped do for me. Not trying to be pretentious, just making a point.

[​IMG]

#33     Mar 25, 2008
  4. My god, kettlebells caused your face to disappear, and grow extra ARMS?????:D

Looks like your neck and traps are next-maybe there is something to it!:eek: :D

Yup, havent touched em yet, still getting agro from hips knees/neck etc. Friggin jaw problem causes my neck/trap area to seize up too, so that sucks.

#34     Mar 26, 2008
  5. Yeah they were radioactive. Hey you know Russian Kettlebells. Mine must've come from Chernobyl.

:p

#35     Mar 26, 2008
  6. Reaver you look as wide as a barn door :eek:

#36     Mar 26, 2008
  7. Without the 'roids, you will never have the kind of traps that you see on muscle magazine covers. Or even in Calvin Klein ad photos. Exercise may tone them, but your traps will never naturally stand out articulated on their own without the juice. Understand that I don't like the look of such traps and would not want them myself. But rather than just going back and forth arguing with one another, try it for yourself and see. Try to develop the traps you see in the muscle mags or even the underwear ads without steroids. Can't be done. Prove me wrong.

#37     Mar 26, 2008
  8. traps good for one thing.. shrugging your shoulders. like 'HUH, really? dint know that!"

don't need huge traps for that

:D

#38     Mar 26, 2008
  9. LOL It's all those damn steaks. LOLOL

#39     Mar 26, 2008
  10. nothin to do with kettle bells? (i mumble with a mouth full o'steak)

#40     Mar 26, 2008