anyone use instaquote software?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by stockripper, Sep 30, 2005.

1. As others in this thread, I used them - but too often there was feed problems, so I switched. Never mind to whom, since this is brand new. But I will post my impression after a while

Cheers,

#11     Oct 6, 2005
  2. Toonces

Toonces

Dr. Zhivodka,

Do you mostly have problems right around the open, when there's a lot going on? Or are there problems regardless of the amount of market activity?

#12     Oct 7, 2005
  3. Nordic

Nordic

We have a couple exfloor options traders in our office who use Instaquote and they love it. One guys had the platform for two years and he claims it's "never been down once"

#13     Oct 7, 2005
  4. In the last 2-4 weeks stuck and stale quotes are its normal state. If you want to actually see what the market is doing and get fresh quotes you must go >connections>abort>connect...which basically is a soft reboot.

I've been watching side-by-side-by-side with another execution platform and another quote feed. It's always so far off the other two it renders itself unusable.

Must've done the >abort>reconnect thing 75 times yesterday. All the while my other feeds and execution platform were right on the mark.

It's a complete POS. At least for me

#14     Oct 7, 2005