anyone use instaquote software?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by stockripper, Sep 30, 2005.

1. if so what do you think? what broker do you trade threw? thanks

2. They have been having inaccurate quotes in their system recently. Mostly in the morning. Traders are left holding the bag. Be sure to ask them if this has been cleared up before you sign on.

3. what broker do you use? my friends very happy with them

4. I use InstaQuote and love the software....It's by far the best system I've ever used.
    I don't know what kind of info Wilbur is getting, but I haven't had any problems at all with the software.
    I use Cobra Trading, Inc. (www.CobraTrading.com) as my broker and they offer the InstaQuote platform, along with other platforms. Great broker with great rates and excellent service. I have never been happier with a trading platform or broker....great combination.

5. The program has been awful lately.

They're aware of the problem...."adding more servers...yada...yada...yada..." we'll see. (rolls eyes)

It's generally pretty good. Lately=sucks

6. Toonces

Toonces

I used it earlier in the year--up until March. I seem to remember having quote problems back then. I don't remember the specifics, but it was enough to make me close my brokerage account.

7. kowboy

kowboy

Toonces,

If you care to share, where did you go and what platform did you choose.

Thanks, Mike

8. Toonces

Toonces

When I was using Instaquote, I had an account with RMLTrading. I then went to CyberTrader, but had a lot of problems.

I'm now back with RML. I demoed their OmniPro software and started using it, but I found out they had no smart order routing. :-(

So now it's Instaquote again! They are fixing one of the problems I had. If you wanted to trade stocks under $5, you had to change the account type to 'cash' from 'margin'. What a pain. I called to complain, and the programmers said it would be fixed by tomorrow morning. (If you trade with Instaquote, you can thank me for bringing this up.) :)

I think the other problem was stuck quotes. I honestly can't remember for sure. I guess I'll find out soon enough. I hate to use Instaquote if there are quote problems, but I am running out of options. I'll update after a while.

9. InstaQuote blows on a daily basis. Stuck and stale quotes are normal. I don't use it anymore but I monitor it....it sucks....it's completely unusable and untrustworthy.

Take it for what it's worth.

10. kowboy

kowboy

Dr. Zhivodka,

So what platform are you using these days to get stability?

Thanks, Mike

#10     Oct 6, 2005