Anyone use IB ACAT to transfer an IRA?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ktm, Jan 11, 2002.

1. ktm

ktm

I am trying to transfer two ROTHs from another broker to IB. I wrote IB help (twice because they didn't answer first email) and received two responses. The first response said it would be fine "to transfer the money" and made no mention of ACAT even though that's what I specifically asked. The second response said that the broker would have to write a check or wire the money. Has anyone done this? Can I use ACAT?

Thanks

2. There are documents on their website to effect an IRA ACAT. You can do it electronically. I forget exactly where they are but it comes up during the paperwork to transfer your account. The only question I have is whether it being a Roth changes anything, but I can't see why it would.

3. I just transferred an IRA to IB. The way it worked was I filled out the online paperwork and opened the account. Then you go to the account access page and there should be a link to initiate the ACAT. Was quite simple and only took 3-4 days to be completed.

4. ktm

ktm

Thanks for the replies. I couldn't find the specific instructions I was looking for on the site. I've been having trouble both navigating the site and getting answers from IBhelp lately. There's a good bit of info on the site, I just can't find what I'm looking for sometimes.

Thanks Again