anyone use hidden orders?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by joeyata1, Aug 11, 2005.

1. I use hidden volume, it means the order is divided into several equal units.
    The first unit is visible in the book, if it gets filled then the next unit enter the book etc.

#11     Aug 16, 2005
  2. You can do it with IB but only through ARCA.

Do you think that will make a difference to my fills if I only use ARCA?

I currently use SMART.

#12     Aug 16, 2005
  3. duard

duard

Watch level 2. When you see a constantly refreshing buy or sell order and a "wall" in which price doesn't penetrate more than likely you're looking at a hidden order of size. Not appreciated on level 2 except that bid/ask continually reloads just as it appears bids/asks are thinning.

#13     Aug 16, 2005
  4. so true is a hidden order is not for little 200 shares to 1k its for big orders so they don't scare the market. also ever noticed how you can enter an order inbetween a bid and ask and get an instant fill. one's hitting an hidden order. yes i've seen the wall of sells line the time and sales box many times. it means 99% of the time when its doesn't move the prcie there's a big buyer and seller in there and its going the other way

#14     Aug 16, 2005
  5. I have heard only Market Makers can see hidden orders. Us regulars are just out of luck.

#15     Aug 17, 2005
  6. newbunch

newbunch

In other words, hidden orders are hidden?

#16     Aug 17, 2005
  7. zas-

I think this is called an iceberg order. hidden orders are different.

OTE]Quote from Zastaber:

I use hidden volume, it means the order is divided into several equal units.
    The first unit is visible in the book, if it gets filled then the next unit enter the book etc.
    [/QUOTE]

#17     Aug 17, 2005
  8. duard-

again this would be an example on an iceberg order. iceberg = can't see true size. hidden = can't see the order at all

#18     Aug 17, 2005
  9. Joe-

Good thread topic. Does anyone here actually use hidden orders who would care to share experiences?

#19     Aug 17, 2005
  10. What about this new company Pipeline?

Are they just for institutions and are they for real?

#20     Aug 17, 2005