Anyone use FXSol?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Painkiller, Jun 3, 2006.

1. delta1

delta1

I used FX solutions for awhile. They were fine, no real complaints...just don't like the spreads in FX, I would recommend a broker that you pay on commission rather than spreads...it keeps them from betting against you.

#11     Jun 5, 2006
  2. FXPimp

FXPimp

FXsol is good for leverage... I use them through one world and sometimes trade through FXdd for tighter spreads (but less leverage). Also, FXsol has a nice platform.

#12     Jun 5, 2006
  3. delta1, which forex brokers do you know that charge commission instead of a spread? I didn't know that anyone offered that for forex.

#13     Jun 6, 2006
  4. pqt

pqt

I've been with them for over a year. Good execution speed and not that many requotes but I definitedly HATE their platform, although it has many features I need.

#14     Jun 26, 2006
  5. pqt, do they pay interest for positive carry? if so, do they pay at all leverage choices like 400:1 because most brokers won't pay interest past 200:1?

How's their execution around news in your experience? I haven't exactly read glowing reviews about that, like that they suspend trading around news releases or requote you by 50 pips.

#15     Jun 26, 2006
  6. pqt

pqt

Yes, they pay (or charge) interest at all leverages.
    Personnally, I have not seen them suspend trading (intentionally or not) for over a few minutes after new releases and only at extreme volatility. That's when I get requotes but certainly not by 50 pips!:eek:

#16     Jun 26, 2006
  7. bl33p

bl33p

You mean suspending trading for less than just a few minutes is all right in your books? And requotes? Sheeshkebab.

#17     Jun 27, 2006
  8. notouch

notouch

On their website they boast of "advanced hedging and straddle functionality". I asked a rep what straddle functionality there was in the platform and she didn't have a clue, although it eventually came out that this "straddle functionality" consists of the ability to place buy and sell stops. Wow.

#18     Jun 27, 2006
  9. pqt

pqt

I don't know if they INTENTIONALLY suspend trading or not. What I mean is the quotes could freeze for a few minutes when there is extreme volatility after news release. I can live with that since I've seen MUCH MUCH worse with some other dealers!

(on a side note, I'm sure I had already replied to this post but somehow it's disappeared. Is there censorship on this board?!?)

#19     Jun 27, 2006
  10. lite

lite

i thought about using it. their demo platform is good. spread is not that good but 1:400 leverage is something to think about. plus they give away cash if you deposit $2000+.

however, i am currently with fxdd and i find it very good.

#20     Jun 28, 2006