Anyone Use Esignal Data in TWS? How is it?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by modz4u, Mar 16, 2020.

1. modz4u

modz4u

Every so often I get an Attempting to Retrieve Data issue in charts in TWS, where it just sits blanked out (blacked out) doing nothing. This is on stable, latest & beta versions of TWS. I have increased my allowed RAM to 2GB already. I have read going higher than this might not be a great idea, but I am about to try it today... will see what happens.

I have 32GB of RAM, an actual Nvidia GPU with 5GB RAM not the onboard intel GPU, i7 8th gen CPU, NVME SSD. I don't think it's my computer or internet (1 gbit up/down).

Similarly, when i open an options chart intraday on things like SPY QQQ, which have very liquid options so its not like they aren't trading, there will very often be a chunk of candles missing. New candles start getting drawn from the moment i go into the chart, but there's almost always some previous candles missing. If i refresh the chart after some time, previous candles that were there will disappear.

These pics from this old reddit thread I found are exactly the problem i am seeing in options charts

for example, this picture from that reddit thread https://i.imgur.com/u2S2HlR.png

I am wondering if anyone uses esignal data in TWS and if these issues would be expected to be fixed with that data provider instead of data directly from IB?

Thank you

2. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

IB's chart loading/pacing is a joke.

We're all experiencing the "attempting to retrieve data" issue currently.

Pricechange and modz4u like this.
  3. modz4u

modz4u

Yeah i see that now from other threads :)

So this question is even more important now, anyone who has esignal data currently hooked up to TWS would be able to tell us if their charts are working fine, or if they also have a problem

4. Not me, suckers.

5. ZBZB

ZBZB

Why would you use esignal data in IB? Just use esignal version 12, it is the best charting software I have seen.

6. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

Because not everyone likes having their charting and execution platforms being separate. Having to switch tickers twice between two different softwares in a fast moving market is annoying and can cause delays

7. ZBZB

ZBZB

Esignalhas a plug-in that lets you send orders to IB.

8. If anyone wants to use that plugin, there are some regions that eSignal does not support: https://www.esignal.com/partners/broker-partners

Trading Integration / Broker Plug-in is not available to eSignal users in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) region.

9. esignal seems more of a good replacement for IB using Lightspeed as the broker

10. Do you know if one can use IBKR's live market data and pipe it into eSignal to only use eSignal for charts but have everything else in TWS or Das Trader?

#10     Mar 3, 2021