Anyone use Bloomberg?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by trader56, Jan 22, 2008.

1. I hate that damn thing sometimes. I was on vaca the fiance hid it from me, I flipped out. "No trading while we are on vacation"

#21     Jan 23, 2008
  2. Ha. Mine fell out of my laptop bag at JFK and they paged me over the loudpeaker. Security was waiting for me with M-16s at the TSA desk. The TSA drone thought it was a detonator. They were a tad anxious while I proved its operation.

#22     Jan 23, 2008
  3. BBA: allows one user to use BB from any computer. They give you a B unit to log in. Scans yourfinger print to make sure you are the account holder.
    Yes you have exchange fees and such

any idea how 2 people can use the b-unit? say its my fingerprint and i will not be in work that day, is there anyway that the person you share it with in the office could log on?

#23     Jan 23, 2008

4. Yes, it's actually very simple. Simply remove the applicable finger of the licensed user. Voila!

#24     Jan 23, 2008
  5. As I understand it a second user can be licensed using a noseprint. You will have to call them for the details, and expect that they are not yet familiar with the program, as it is quite new.

Be assertive and they will eventually get the information to you.

By the way, you can speed up the process by going to a local police station and asking to have a noseprint taken. If I were you that is what I would do immediately. Should save you about 2 weeks....Just tell the sargeant at the intake desk that you are there to obtain a noseprint for your Bloomberg license. That should do it...Remember, don't be put off by incompetence. Tell them firmly that you are there to get your noseprint, and you're not leaving until you get it done....Sometimes you have to speak up for yourself...

Good luck
    Steve

#25     Jan 23, 2008
  6. mokwit

mokwit

Asise from legal and ethical cnsiderations, you will probaby find this a technical near impossibility unless you are an ex Russian Scientist turned hacker. Installing Bloomberg is not a simple process. They went through this before with Banks splitting the digital feed 300 times. There was a huge standoff between data vendors and the Banks about 20 yeaars ago.

#26     Jan 23, 2008
  7. Ethics-aside, it's very simple using a system with a strong cpu and any VPN client-server app. I've been a bloomberg sub since 2001 and I did all of my installs.

#27     Jan 23, 2008
  8. mokwit

mokwit

If that is the case then I stand corrected, but I would have thought they would have blocked off that avenue.

#28     Jan 23, 2008
  9. Daal

Daal

for breaking news is bloomberg faster then briefing.com?

#29     Jan 23, 2008

10. Guys on bloomie trade earnings reports on first headline!

#30     Jan 23, 2008