Anyone use Bloomberg?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by trader56, Jan 22, 2008.

#11     Jan 23, 2008
  2. nyxtrader, how was ur experience using the terminal.. Is it correct the economic data is shown 4-5 seconds earlier then what is shown to public (TV, Online news)

Advice

#12     Jan 23, 2008
  3. It is def reliable and faster than anything I hear about. Sometimes you will just get the main headline come across the feed and the whole story later. I would recommend it to anyone.

#13     Jan 23, 2008

4. No reason to get your panties in a knot! I wasn't going to split it with 15 others, just 1 person.

#14     Jan 23, 2008
  5. nyxtrader,
    you mentioned that they allow multiple terminal access, but not bloomberg anywhere.. so what does bloomberg anywhere provides??

By the way the inital cost is $1,700 A Month.. Any other fees they charge or something ?

#15     Jan 23, 2008
  6. Yes, they offer multiple users but I believe you can only use one terminal. The only way it would work is if you could get multiple users with Bloomberg Anywhere, which I don't think they will allow.

BBA: allows one user to use BB from any computer. They give you a B unit to log in. Scans yourfinger print to make sure you are the account holder.
    Yes you have exchange fees and such.

#16     Jan 23, 2008
  7. zdreg

zdreg

that is correct. they won't sue you if you can be certified 100 per cent that you are a schlub. shouldn't be too hard to find on the board.

#17     Jan 23, 2008
  8. ???

You've had bbg since 98 and you're unsure if Anywhere is single-user? You think the B-unit biometric ID is an AIDS test? Yeah, the point of the bio-ID is to limit Anywhere to a single, LICENSED user.

[​IMG]

#18     Jan 23, 2008
  9. I dont' think it is, lol!

#19     Jan 23, 2008
  10. ;) lol, who knows. Perhaps it's Mike Bloomberg's deal with the Bush Administration.

#20     Jan 23, 2008