Anyone Try/Using Omnitrader 2007

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by condorll, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Which version

EOD?
    RealTime?
    Professional?

Would like comments on the new platform, last time I trialed Omnitrader was in 2003.

Thanks in advance

2. nkhoi

nkhoi

3. I assume you have the Realtime edition of Omnitrader?
    Is it the 2007 version?

Thanks

4. I've have used several yearly updates for several days each, and could never see much had changed? Thoughts?

5. Are you trading based on OT signals?

Which version are you using?

2007? EOD, RealTime or Pro?

Any Plugins?

Thanks

6. gr8stock

gr8stock

I had OmniTrader 2002, but did not use it for many years. Recently upgraded recently to 2007 EOD.

Typically I would download data from eSignal and run analysis using their systems and some customized set-ups. There is nothing special about this program. Very annoying problem is that it is impossible to export the analysis results. You can't export or copy the symbols from the focus list. It is really stupid.

Overall it is a mediocre program at best. Do not recommend it.

There are many better alternatives. One of them that I really like is AmiBroker.

7. chris319

chris319

I got OmniTrader 200? last year and was thoroughly unimpressed. Save your money for a better program.

8. taowave

taowave

If you are trading EOD and you are interested in "Omnitrader",do yourself a favor and check out StrataSearch.It is a far better program,and has a unique feature that will scan thousands of trading rules and come up with optimal combinations and permutations based of the users criteria.Full risk reports are generated as well as Monte carlo simulations and Walk foward analysis....

I am in no way affiliated with the company,just a SS user

Tao