Anyone try TCNet yet?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by formikatrading, Jul 3, 2002.

1. The discussion should be better on TCNET then here, no one hopefully has gripes against each other there. And you can join groups to talk to people who trade your style, which is nice.

I signed up too, waiting for the CD.

#11     Dec 8, 2002
  2. i also tried tc2000 real-time, but it still has a problem. yeah, you can watch charts in real-time, BUT when you make scans, it scans delayed data. i'm talking about PCFs. if you make a PCF and do a scan -- even with real-time -- it scans delayed data.

they should have a real-time version that also scans real-time data. i know it would be a little delayed, but that's ok. what i mean is, when you download new data, THAT DATA SHOULD BE RECENT...not delayed.

p.s. i know tcnet can scan real-time, but its real-time scanning capabilities are limited compared to how tc2000 can scan delayed data. if i got tcnet, i wouldn't be able to do my custom scans real-time.

#12     Dec 8, 2002
  3. I think that is what they are trying to do with TCNET. From the website, the look of TCNET is not that different from TC2000. Give it a try for 30 days, if you hate it, switch back to TC2000. That's what it looks like alot of guys here are going to be doing.

#13     Dec 8, 2002
  4. calibertrader,

yes, you can do real-time scans with tcnet. HOWEVER, it is limited. when i first heard about tcnet, i thought it was what i wanted. later i found out that tcnet only has a few canned criteria for scanning real-time. i have some complex PCFs that i use with tc2000. i would not be able to do all that with tcnet in real-time. that's my problem with it.

#14     Dec 8, 2002
  5. Gotcha!!!! Did you try TCNET and not like it? Or is it worthwhile, just not for what you're trying to do?

#15     Dec 8, 2002
  6. i have not tried tcnet yet. i won't try it until it can do full tc2000 type scanning on non delayed data. i have esignal for real-time quotes, so i don't need tc2000 real-time. i mainly use tc2000 for swing trading stocks.

tcnet seems to be more about community; allowing people to post notes on stocks. that is totally not what i want. i have my own trading systems/ideas. that last thing i want is a bunch of people's predictions on where some stock is going next. i don't even read the worden notes or reports anymore.

#16     Dec 8, 2002
  7. If you are using esignal and TC2000, then you can save money by having only TCnet.
    I know lot of people want TC2000 scans in real time, but with little ingenuity you can still achieve the same in TCnet.

As to the chat and group future like any forum there are some discussions which are not relevant but you can control that by using ignore future.
    In my personal experience I have benefited a lot by studying some of the trading techniques and indicator used by people on that group. For example one of the trader shared his four MACD indicator and that has saved and made tons of money for me personally and gave me lot of ideas to use indicator innovatively. Lot of discussion on the forums is about trading techniques and indicators which is of lot of value to even the most seasoned trader.

#17     Dec 8, 2002
  8. gypsysue

gypsysue

#18     Dec 10, 2002
  9. I really don't know much about Chris Manning to tell you the truth. I don't think paying anyone a lot of money for training can replace the benefits of learning on your own.

What type of trading style are you looking to implement?

#19     Dec 10, 2002
  10. stokhack

stokhack

I use TC2000, for a swing trader it is essential. Update two or three times a day for scans and TCnet looks promising but have not tried. Best way to go rather than seminars is subscribe for one month to the swing trade gurus, Landry at tradingmarkets.com, Chartman and Farley at realmoney.com.
    You can use their picks if you like but the best part is the way they analyze their trades with charts. I have used all these services and probably the best $500 i spent. Then using the scan sorts prebuilt in TC2000, modify them to fit your trading style. And look at lots of charts, start with 500 a day and you will get a good feel for how stuff moves. Best of luck.

#20     Dec 10, 2002