Anyone try or using this software ?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by syswizard, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Keith Fitschen did extensive analysis on intraday day systems with backtesting for over 10 years.
    He concluded that intraday trend following systems were only marginally profitable....compared to counter-trend systems. I do remember that.

https://tradersexclusive.com/keith_fitschen/
    Unfortunately, it appears his book is no longer in circulation and it appears he is now retired from trading.

Please quit the character assassination, OK ?

#21     Aug 11, 2022
  2. wmwmw

wmwmw

Did he test every intraday trend following system?
    He may only know 1/10000000000000000000000000000000 of all intraday trend following systems in this world.
    Then he said it is proven. LOL.
    No one winning trader would tell other people how his system works.
    The systems that traders show to others are losing systems.

I can tell you a wall street rule:
    If one can't make money on trading, then he retires and writes books on trading.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    #22     Aug 11, 2022
  3. re: "The systems that traders show to others are losing systems."
    So that applies to Warp also ?

#23     Aug 11, 2022
  4. wmwmw

wmwmw

I don't know who this Warp is.

But you can ask on this site if someone is willing to tell you how his winning system works.
    I have a swing strategy and I made a couple of real time calls on this site. Then I feel someone may decode my strategy so I stop posting my calls. I don't want to risk the smallest chance my strategy being decoded by other people.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    #24     Aug 11, 2022
  5. Overnight

Overnight

OMG, do you mean RGU as in coax cable? You are SUCH a geek! - 20 to Slytherin!

#25     Aug 11, 2022
  6. Wow, so you are totally paranoid ? Or are you hiding something ?

#26     Aug 11, 2022
  7. re: "Tell me how my intraday trend following system works?
    Did you test it?LOL, You know nothing about it."
    See attached....uses a trend following system based on On Balance Volume (OBV).
    It was doing great today until the afternoon flat period....
    Still it made a modest profit for the day.
    MtWaas-chart-2022-08-11.PNG
    MtWaas-report-2022-08-11.PNG

#27     Aug 11, 2022
  8. wmwmw

wmwmw

A kid practices basketball and shot 3 points. He only hits 1 in 10 shots , so he tells everyone it is proven that the maximum hit rate on 3 points shot is 1/10.

#28     Aug 12, 2022
  9. Do not bother wmwmwmwmwmwmwmwmwm..., he is just a layman believing that his short term trend-following strategy on the SP500 market will hold forever. The SPX made 10% with a 2% DD in the last 4 weeks, now he thinks he is the king forever. You are right that counter trend provides more value than trend-following short term. As by definition too because on trends you need to wait for a confirmation while on counter you go in much earlier. So it is only a question how and when to enter that early that you can profit more than on trend-following approaches (short term).

#29     Aug 13, 2022