Anyone Tried the 60 Day Trading Gauntlet from Earn 2 Trade?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Illini Trader, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

Thanks for the question!

We opened Earn2Trade because we wanted to get beginners in proximity with quality education at an affordable price. Me and my colleagues here went through a lot of terrible mistakes that could have been avoided, had we had a reliable background, other than "figure it out yourself."

We didn’t stop trading, however. The educational packages are developed for beginners, true, and we spend a lot of time teaching now, but I personally still manage a CTA, as detailed in my bio on our website.

We’d also like to think that teaching is not a thing you only do, if you can’t really be a professional in a given field, as anyone who has had students who grew into professionals themselves can tell you. There is definitely joy in helping others.

Earn2Trade is an excellent conduit for us to fulfill a passion for trading, a passion for education and also, admittedly, scouting for talent who would be happy to work with our partner prop firms or even my CTA!

Thanks again for the question!

#51     Jun 29, 2018
  2. qlai

qlai

Is it possible for you to post some videos of your live trading? What styles will you teach? You can't possibly be masters of all.

#52     Jun 29, 2018
  3. I officially signed up for the Gauntlet and begin my first day on Monday July 2nd. Looks like the 60 calendar trading period will end at close of trading on Thursday Aug 30th. I will let you guys know how I did. (If I am not too embarrassed :banghead:) At least I can report back as to the experience with "Earn 2 Trade". So far Ryan has been a jewel and am looking forward to the experience.

#53     Jun 29, 2018
    coskinas, MsFutures and kj5159 like this.
  4. Zwein

Zwein

I’m in the Gaunlet program and I have 16 trading days left, but before that I was in the topstepfx which is I tell you with those strict rules will get you atleast a month to pass the first step and the second step will take you more than that, and I’m the reason why they update their refund policy because of the loophole I found lol(still have the convo), let me share my experience so far in the gaunlet, at first I got trouble because I’m not aware of the FIFO policy of Oanda I was in profit but can’t close the trades and then it starts to went bad, the guys from Earn2trade help me out figure out what the reason and yup its because of FIFO I let them know and they offer me a “reset” which other firm will not let you do it, the second problem is some kind of technical error because oanda closed out my trades,maybe margin call? I’m not really sure what happened there but the support really help me figure it out but the thing is its a demo so it can’t really investigate the problem, so it cause me around 5k loss, which I recovered 2weeks after that, so now my current bal is 26,764.58 with floating trade of -2061.12, in topstepfx eventhough the trade is not yet close its consider a loss and goodbye to ur account you need to pay for “reset”, but in earn2trade its not yet consider a loss, this is a major plus for me because I hold trades longer as long I see fit.

#54     Jun 29, 2018
    1percent likes this.
  5. chris500

chris500

How much capital does Helios have to allocate? How big is Helios?

Let's say you find the next superstar trader, can he get a 5 - 10 million account? Or would a million be tops?

The 80/20 split with section 1256 tax treatment you're offering might be a better deal for some people who are thinking of starting a hedge fund with the typical 20/80 split. I've heard that hedge funds/CTA's with high sharpe ratios are automatically disqualified from consideration because allocators these days are not chasing performance, they want low risk. Even guys like Robert Pardo with decades of experience have had to adapt/change their ways in order to get money.

#55     Jun 30, 2018
  6. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

The course is set up in a way that you are not given a ready-made strategy that you would copy - we see that as a waste of time that is not educating our customers, but instead training them what buttons to push. The goal of our plans is to teach customers how to formulate their own strategies, test them, backtest them and log them. If necessary, amend them or discard them even. This will hopefully educate a generation of traders who can hold their ground well and not become button mashers.

#56     Jul 2, 2018
  7. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

How much capital does Helios have to allocate? How big is Helios?
    Helios is a relatively new prop firm and they’re working very hard to grow it.

Let's say you find the next superstar trader, can he get a 5 - 10 million account? Or would a million be tops?
    A 5-10 million account is extremely unlikely within the framework of Helios, and a trader with that potential should probably migrate at that point to a CTA where the capital is potentially limitless. A million dollars is not unattainable, but truthfully, newly funded traders will have to trade for a long period of time, before Helios would be able to make that commitment.

The 80/20 split with section 1256 tax treatment you're offering might be a better deal for some people who are thinking of starting a hedge fund with the typical 20/80 split. I've heard that hedge funds/CTA's with high sharpe ratios are automatically disqualified from consideration because allocators these days are not chasing performance, they want low risk. Even guys like Robert Pardo with decades of experience have had to adapt/change their ways in order to get money.
    We hope to give every aspiring trader the best possible deal here, but as usual, it is best for all of you to talk to your local CPA. The Gauntlet is a great tool for us to decide if somebody warrants more trust, even though the trading style seems a bit risky - we do not think that risk is a bad thing, if managed correctly. We’d like to believe that we allow any trading style a proving ground, nonetheless going into it gung-ho is frowned upon here as well :slightly_smiling_face:.

#57     Jul 2, 2018
  8. qlai

qlai

"Our second package — Bootcamp — is for traders who want to learn to day trade and take their skills to the next level. "
    I am just going to say that your competition is getting more and more transparent. Once you go beyond support/resistance concepts, it's hard to commit without understanding what is being taught.

#58     Jul 2, 2018
  9. Earn2Trade-Ryan

Earn2Trade-Ryan Sponsor

For a full list of the video lessons in our beginner crash course, please visit our website (www.earn2trade.com) where the entire course outline is posted. We also have a library of webinars that go into detail on a variety of subjects including practical risk management, MACD, Understanding Volume, Elliott Wave Theory, etc. Every week we do a webinar on a different topic and members can take advantage of the mentoring to discuss what they’d like with a mentor in a 1-on-1 session.

#59     Jul 2, 2018
  10. lukas

lukas Guest

Are you going to lower the commission rate in the Gauntler, currently set at $3.25 per side? It makes your offer unsuitable for those who prefer scalping as their strategy

#60     Jul 2, 2018