Anyone tried Genetic Sytem Builder software?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by ssp729, Apr 21, 2019.

1. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

Thanks for sharing this feedback. We will take this into account into a future update, not the next one as code is already more or less locked down.

#21     Jul 29, 2019
  2. rwst

rwst

Hi Bashatrader,

I did buy GSB and it does have an edge. Sure it can optimize and have curvefit but GSB
    has many tools to confirm the results are not curvefitted. I also programmed an OHLC pattern generator in Amibroker and also I find curvefit there. But I did not do any confirmation tools to check if I could avoid it that. Maybe Michael has done some tricks in PAL to findout if a pattern was a curvefit.

I remember somewhere you wrote you did use Stratasearch did you? Actually I am looking into
    Stratasearch and I miss a manual PDF. Can anybody help me with that?
    Thanks

#22     May 11, 2020
  3. Trader200K

Trader200K

RWST,

GSB locks even trial users from even read-only access to their primary user forum. That might be an oversight or just minimizing IP leakage, but I am concerned that it might also contain information that could affect a purchase decision. As advanced of a methodology and price tag GSB has, likely the cross section of purchasers are going upscale.

Have you looked into the locked forum and have any insight to user comments?

Really would like to know the demeanor and tech nature of the activity there to help guide a potential purchase.

Best regards,

T

#23     Jul 9, 2020
  4. rwst

rwst

There is a separate section on the forum for buyers but I don't think that has much more information. Most information is on the free available forum. There is not a real commercial machine behind GSB like you see with some other software, the owner is very driven to test his own software and share his ideas to the community and he is also very open to the opinion of other traders. I tested several GA software and I think GSB is one of the best ones and every year it gets better. Now ninja trader is also being worked on to support by GSB.
    I am currently also testing with Stratasearch and you can download that for free and test with that if you like. I find that also has robust OOS performance when optimizing on portfolios but unlike GSB you can't do intraday if you like that. I see all these GA programs have some good ideas that others don't have, there is unfortunately not the perfect program.
    But since a while you can also optimize on portfolios in GSB.

#24     Jul 9, 2020