Anyone tried Freedomrocks?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ettore, Jan 19, 2007.

1. virgin

virgin

Whats the smell....sniff* sniff*, I swear I know that smell..sniff* sniff* oh its dog crap!!!!!

- secXces

:D :D

Tara,

I suggest you peddle your crap on forums with less knowledgable people, this is the wrong place

#21     Feb 12, 2007
  2. taramj22

taramj22

News Flash

If I was peddeling...I would have supplied my referral link --- but as you will notice - not one post did I put my link anywhere --- it isn't even in my profile...so gosh...I guess I suck at this peddeling stuff....

I was actually just looking for compelling discussion, but apparently your heads are so far up your "well...that's probably what your sniffing"

You say I'm wrong....well then why don't you explain exactly where I'm wrong? Hmmm...it so easily becomes clear what that smell is when you figure out where your head is......

And I have looked at other forums...many, and so far, can't find one person that has been IN FreedomRocks that says "nope...tried it...doesn't work." All I've found are people that have NEVER been in it spouting off about what they haven't tried....but again...you have made it abundantly clear where your head is...so I guess that's to be expected.

Peace.Out.

#22     Feb 12, 2007
  3. #23     Feb 14, 2007
  4. IT’S OFFICIAL! I JUST GOT A MARGIN CALL WITH FREEDOMROCKS LAST NIGHT!!!

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME WITH FREEDOMROCKS!

It's less risky to use your money to invest in small cap penny stocks than Freedomrocks, lol! It's so volatile, and the pairs have not been correlated very well lately (past 6 weeks), that your expenses + risk + stress will far exceed your profits with $5000 invested (even though I don't call this investing, it's more like a unique unfound form of speculation). With $5000, in order to be even remotely "safe", you'd need settings that will only allow you to earn about half the amount of the Freedomrocks fees for the month in interest. So, if the purpose is to stay afloat and accumulate interest, then you'd actually be losing money every month. Then when you raise your settings, and increase your risk, the Freedomrocks representatives will say you're "overleveraging your account" or being "too aggressive" which gives them any deniability that their system is busted when you get a margin call. This deniability allows them to continue peddling their product, which is their main focus as they are a network marketing company FIRST, and a forex trading strategy second.

My dad's friend got a margin call using the Freedomrocks system Feb. 15, 2007. He was using somewhat risky pairs/settings, but they were still well within the Freedomrocks system and recommendations. I got a margin call this morning and my dad luckily pulled out last night with a 66% loss. I started 7 weeks ago and have had nothing but constant decreases for 6 weeks. The pairs' correlation are not there anymore and it's cost my friends, family and myself dearly.

With all said and done, it is risky and I blame only myself. But the strategy is just as risky as investing in small cap penny stocks, but at least if you research enough, it increases your chances of success, and you don't have to pay $100 a month. The pairs in Freedomrocks have done very well for about the past 8-9 months so everyone has been so excited about this. But in a strong bull stock market, almost every stock does well too, it doesn't mean there's a good system or strategy you have in place, it's just that the market is bullish and everyone within that market is succeeding. Then on top of it, the owner, Mark V., goes on his conference call and talks about how exciting everything is right now and barely addresses any of the weaknesses in his strategy that have been occuring the past six weeks. I have one friend with an account blown out, my accoutn got blown out last night, and my dad pulled out last night with a 66% loss, and Mark V.'s response is, "Wow, this was an exciting week ladies and gentleman." He needs to address the situation to us, stop worrying about selling his business and product for a minute and tell his customers what’s really going on. Anyways, that introduction proved to me what I already thought, Mark V. and his top associates are more interested in the network marketing and the business aspect of Freedomrocks instead of trying to assist and help people invest and accumulate money. I thought the ladder was the case when I started.

The owner, his associates and the representatives you find on these forums are all trying to sell the product in one way or another, and they're mostly biased perspectives. Try listening to someone like me who isn't selling the product and doesn't have a biased slant on the program and is only listing opinions backed up with facts.

Save your money, invest in something else less risky with a greater probability of return. There's plenty of opportunities in the stock market, and most of them won't decline 40%+ overnight on a regular basis. The stock market just had a large sell-off. Pick some defensive stocks and build some capital while the market is down and uncertainty looms, if we hit a recession soon, you can position yourself with some high value stocks and position yourself for a return of the BULL!

Stay away from Freedomrocks. The risk + expense + stress is not worth the payout. Or maybe you can just burn your money in the winter time, at least you'll get something out of it.........warmth!

#24     Mar 2, 2007
  5. taramj22

taramj22

I have to say, I find your post kind-a-funny - since I have SEVEN demo accounts open right now and not one of them are even close to a margin call, despite the market crash on 2/27....and I have one account set to a 30% margin.

About the bullish market - you are completely right. Anyone will make money in a bullish market...thus I think it is important for people to be aware of what they are trading in. I don't think it is right they promote people not to look at charts or anything - I touched on this in one of my above posts....that once GBP/USD or USD/JPY start heading down...people trading FreedomRocks will not be making those "nice" returns anymore...but you can still make a consisent...steady profit by just trading the EUR/USD vs USD/CHF.

If you are one of those looking for those huge returns that everyones' been touting about....then you probably a) carried pairs in GBP/USD or USD/JPY which they have always taught us these are more volitile then trading with just the EUR/USD and USD/CHF or b) your margin was set too high, which they also say is risky.

Can I ask, what you were trading and what your margins were and how many lots you had in each? After the big crash John Gariano checked on the status of those that used the system.

John told us that 2/27/07 was a day of "catastrophic proportions" in the Forex market (indeed in the entire global financial marketplace) - and that FreedomRocks showed its true colors on one of the ugliest Forex days in recent history. John stayed in touch with our brokers all afternoon to gauge how
    FreedomRocks trading accounts were doing and told us that a very, very small percentage of FR members accounts (less than 1%) were margined out yesterday - AND that in each of these cases the accounts were not following recommended FreedomRocks trading patterns. When John researched each of the very few accounts that were margined out he found that they were all trading either at high risk levels, or even that they were no longer using FreedomRocks the way it was designed to be used. (For instance; some were trading the Yen at 20%+ margin; others had added the New Zealand dollar/Yen
    combination to their portfolio; still others were holding extra long
    positions on the GBP, etc.) In short, each of the very few margined accounts was an aberration, not a conservatively traded FreedomRocks portfolio!"

What is the #1 reason people LOSE their money in the forex?? GREED. Just because you are using the system...it doesn't take OUT the GREED factor completely..so all I can really say is, it's your own fault....don't blame the system. Had you used a lower margin (which is RECOMMENDED) and the recommended safe pairs - you wouldn't be sitting where you are today.

Consequently - I opened my first LIVE account TODAY....after seeing that even with the "worst case scenerio" I didn't come close to a margin call in any of my demo accounts. It proved to me that this system actually does what it says it will do.

My settings?? EUR/USD vs USD/CHF at 10% margin. Probably a LOT more conservative then your settings were. My goal is to reduce my risk while making slow, steady returns. I'd like to be able to retire using this system in the next decade....rather than in the next 2-3 years like some people are trying to do. Slow and steady is better than fast and risky for me....BUT...everyone's risk tolerance is different. Obviously yours was a LOT higher than mine.....

#25     Mar 2, 2007
  6. I was trading within the Freedomrocks' recommended ideal settings. I don't like to list details because Freedomrocks representative always find a way to criticize it and blame me for something. I ask them about the "Zero Guesswork Investing" slogan and I usually don't get a response. I certainly didn't trade the USD/CHF and EUR/USD as I would lose money with those settings:

$5000
    400:1
    10% margin
    USD/CHF vs. EUR/USD

This gives you a wopping projected $2.43 in daily interest as of Mar. 1, 2007 and run through the Freedomrocks Portfolio Allocator. So we'll say there's 30 days on average in a month.

$2.43 x 30 = $72.90
    Freedomrocks fees = $100 a month

$100 - $72.90 = -$27.10

-$27.10 x 12 months = -$325.44

So with your recommended settings, a $5000 player can risk all their money to lose $27.10 a month and $325.44 a year. Wow! Great investment!

I was trading a bit more aggressive than that to make a modest profit at the end of the month, but it was within the parameters Freedomrocks had in place. Remember, Freedomrocks touts the slogan "Zero Guesswork Trading". So I don't know what settings are "safe", which pairs are and aren't correlated and at what given time. According to their slogan I don't have to. My margin never went over 15% and actually dropped well below that after my account got consistently hammered.

I just want to emphasis that Freedomrocks is a network marketing company FIRST, and a forex strategy second. It is my opinion, that this creates a culture within Freedomrocks where eveyone is extremely positive and happy-go-lucky about the system, and always say how great it is. And if the common person who invests $5000 under the guise of "Zero Guesswork Investing" and uses the Freedomrocks recommended settings to ensure a profit after their fees, and then gets a margin call, Freedomrocks representatives blame the customer for "over-leveraging your account" or being "too aggressive". But as you can see from my example of "safe" settings above, you won't make money as a $5000 player.

I'm not sure about the dates but a Freedomrocks representative on another forum said the VP told him that after the February 15 plummet that the total Freedomrocks margin calls were 1%. Maybe that's a magic number.

Bottom line, this is a poor way to put your money to work. The risk of losing all your money in such a short period of time just to make $20-$100 a month, which is in no way guaranteed, is not an investment. It's more like the speculation business in the stock market which is extremely risky and volatile and not classified really as an investment either. But it's a great business if you're into network marketing and don't mind referring people to a system that most likely will lose them money at some point. I guess you can just refer people you don't like, LOL.

Freedomrocks is not an investment, don't waste your money paying network marketers to give you your "Ticket to Financial Freedom" on a $1000 bill, as the only ticket to financial freedom that will exist will be the one that you get and pay for-for your Freedomrocks representative that signed you up.

#26     Mar 2, 2007
  7. Also, for anyone reading the last few postings, taramj22, is a Freedomrocks representative, here's her website link to sell her Freedomrocks product: www.freedompool.net

This doesn't mean that she is not a honest or reliable source, but it certainly does mean that she is a heavily biased source. It's like trying to decide whether or not to buy a Ford Mustang by talking to a Ford Mustang salesman.

#27     Mar 2, 2007
  8. JB3

JB3

Tara just got pwnd.

#28     Mar 2, 2007
  9. taramj22

taramj22

I have no idea what pwnd means...but whatever.

Just remember, you are the one that posted my URL....NOT ME. If I wanted to advertise here....I would have posted it myself, I simply wanted to "discuss" the strategy.

As far as being biased...I guess your right. I researched it for eight months before finally deciding to join so I fully understand the pros and the cons of the system. There ARE Cons to the system....part of them being the fact that you DO have the option to be greedy and put your account at risk by not using the system appropriately.

How long did you research it? My guess is not very long. As far as you not posting your margin or currencies...it is obvious that you were not trading under the FreedomRocks system "recommended" settings or you wouldn't have a problem posting them. You know that your settings weren't good - so blame yourself, not the system.

As far as my settings go - I am actually starting with a $2000 account and a $3000 account (Roth IRA) and I completely understand what the risks are and I understand that using the pairs I am using and the margin - that I will not make enough in "INTEREST" to cover the $100 fee.

But, in all my demo accounts - I have made MUCH more than the $100 fee when you add in the "sell limits" that get hit and that is with using those same pairs.

And besides that - the point of signing up as a representative was to take advantage of the tax breaks of having a home business. The fact is that I am able to write off MUCH more than the $100/month....so for "investment" reasons....it actually does make sense. Based on my current tax situation, I will receive almost $2000 in refunds just by having this "home business" so hmmm....$2000 extra in refunds minus $1200 annual cost of having access to the system is a $800 profit. That's a good "investment" decision in my mind. So basically - I get to use the system for free....any money I make in my trading account is pure profits.

Anyway - I'm really sorry you had a margin call, that would REALLY suck! How many other systems do you know of where you wouldn't have lost money during that market crash? I guess the fact that people that actually used the system "appropriately" weren't close to a margin call proves to me that it does work and the hedging DOES substantially lower your risk. Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

#29     Mar 2, 2007
  10. Well that's the typical response of a Freedomrocks representative in that I overleveraged my account or didn't use the Freedomrocks parameters right. Every time I post anything other than the crumby settings I listed in the above post that cause me to lose money, I get Freedomrocks representatives finding some graph, historical fact or ideology to say it was wrong. Regardless of the "Zero Guestwork Investment" slogan they tout. So I don't post my settings anymore as it just gives you all more ammunition to find some reason to deny responsibility and accountability that the Freedomrocks system is busted. I can post my settings and you can believe that, or you can believe me when I say it was within the Freedomrocks' recommended ideal parameters, it's the same thing. I can fake my settings as easily as I can fake saying that they were within the Freedomrocks parameters. People can choose to believe me or not, I already lost all my money, what more can I do other than offer to help others from making the same mistakes I did in trusting Freedomrocks to be anything other than another bum network marketing company. When you get your margin call, or when you realize you're losing money in this system, you'll remember me and this post, and you'll wish that there were more people like me on these forums giving an unbiased view of Freedomrocks.

As far as you being a Freedomrocks representative just for a tax break, well why do you post your website on all your forum posts on www.piptrader.com (one of many examples: http://www.piptrader.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=490&KW=freedomrocks&PID=2692#2692). Looks like you're selling to me. Hint: this is where I got your website and found out you were a representative peddling this stuff. Whether you posted it or not in this forum doesn't matter, you're still a Freedomrocks salesperson and you're peddling the product, therefore you're not an objective source of information on the program. That's a fact. Once again, how many people would go to a Ford Mustang salesman to find out if they should by a Ford Mustang?

I practiced with the system for two months before going live, and I followed my dad who practiced with it for four months, and my dad's friend and neighbor used it for real in front of him for nine months. That nine month period was very successful, and a bullish forex carry trade market, so to speak. It wasn't Freedomrocks, it was the cycle of the market. Freedomrocks is a network marketing company, not a forex strategy for investment. Most likely you'll lose your money one way or another with the system. And that's definitely the case right now. The returns your settings promise (which are negative by the way) aren't nearly worth the risk of losing all your money in just a matter of a few weeks or days. Don't know too many good investments that have a high probability of doing that. So all you representatives will spin all these facts as much as you can to keep peddling the product.

The system is busted, and the risk + fees + stress = very bad choice on how to put your money to work.

Oh, and "pwnd" means you got owned!

#30     Mar 3, 2007