Anyone tried eOption.com?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by optionsgirl, Mar 26, 2009.

1. jzeng

jzeng

TraderSU,

Are you using 3G cellular card now to get around proxy server at work? Is 5GB/nonth enough for TWS?

#31     Dec 11, 2009
  2. I tried tethering through my 3G phone and it was bit slow. Not sure about usage coz I didn't really use it.

There are many free windows applications that can help you measure your network usage. Google it.

You may want to try few known workaround like running TWS at home and connect through remote-pc type application. Feel free to send me PM with your exact situation. I may be able to suggest you some better trick if you have good understanding of TCP/IP, SSH.

Cheers,

#32     Dec 11, 2009
  3. Isn't this thread "Anyone tried eOption.com?" - ?

#33     Dec 11, 2009
  4. SalsaSal

SalsaSal

After reading these comments, I guess not much has changed the last year or two over at eOption.

This has been a disappointing experience. When I opened my account, I had to fill out all the paper work online, and I also had to fax it. I was transferring another IRA from another brokerage. First it took over 2 weeks. I am not even sure the process was started until I emailed them a week after I faxed in my paperwork because two days later was went my account entered the transfer process. My bank ACH has still not been set up. So after my account transferred, options were not enabled in my account even though I filled out the options application at account opening. I had to call them and send them another application. I wanted the maximum trading that is allowed in their IRA accounts, which includes spreads and cash-secured puts. A representative calls me to tell me that they don't allow both because their system is not setup for that. WTF? Why put that you offer these trades on your website if you don't specify something like this? So he tells me I have to have two separate accounts if I want to do both, but transferring money between them is apparently not a trivial exercise. 24 hours later, options are still not enabled. I call them again.. and the rep tells me that it takes some time sometimes. Immediately after the call I check and options are enabled, so that tells me that the prior rep forgot to "flip the switch." So it took an additional week to get partial options enabled. The trading platform mostly sucks, but I expected this and don't trade as much in my IRA. The real time quotes differ from my other brokerage, so that is a bad sign. You have to click through several pages to setup a spread, which takes time and can lead to errors if you are not careful. The live help system only appears to work if you log out. I guess this goes back to that adage that you get what you pay for.

#34     Feb 12, 2011
  5. hitnrun

hitnrun

the question was has anyone tried e-option?

any feedback from someone that has a account with them?

thanks

#35     Sep 28, 2011
  6. ryannon

ryannon

Sorry for the dearth of information you have requested hitnrun, but I believe that my post does have some bearing on the general way the company is run as well as their response to specific customer problems. I can't comment on their trading performance since, as I explained above, I'm having some problems obtaining the authorization to do so.

In the meantime, did I also mention that polite queries to the account managers are not answered?

Cheers,

R.

#36     Sep 29, 2011
  7. hitnrun

hitnrun

your posts are good. better more then less.

i have heard good things about them in the past.

quality fills is the most important to me

thanks

#37     Sep 29, 2011