Anyone tried Boris Schlossberg & Kathy Lien services?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by heispark, Sep 21, 2019.

1. heispark

heispark

Boris Schlossberg and Kathy Lien are both well known FX experts who often can be seen in CNBC or CME commentaries. They sell signal and education services to retail traders. Anyone tried their services? My question always narrows down to "why they do this if they are so successful traders?" Warren Buffet doesn't sell signal or education services. Why Boris and Kathy do this on the other hand? My common sense is if I am a so successful trader, I would work with Goldman Sachs or big hedge funds rather than work with retailers. Any comments?

2. MKTrader

MKTrader

Both have been around forever. They were the big names when I messed around with FX more than a decade ago, along with Raghee Horner and Rob Booker. AFAIK, none of them have any kind of established track record or used 3rd party services to audit their performance...even though they've sold signals for years. That should tell you something.

Come to think of it, I believe Rob Booker released a few EAs, and they haven't done well from what I've read. He's an entertaining guy who's a better marketer than trader IMO.

heispark likes this.
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

4. heispark

heispark

Ok, so short answer is they are NOT successful traders...... :thumbsdown:

5. MKTrader

MKTrader

That's my take unless you find other evidence. They're both knowledgeable and can talk your ear off about world events affecting currencies and fundamental and technical analysis...but it sounds like their actual trade calls are few and far between, and they keep changing systems/services so it's really hard to track them..at least that's my $0.02 after reading a few reviews.

heispark likes this.
  6. Kathy Lien is legit one of the best FX analyst I have ever read (but I'm no expert). I got her book a long time ago and read it for a while. She worked at banks and stuff so she knows all the traditional stuff and all of the counter theories and fringe theories. She is like an encyclopedia of pertinent FX knowledge. Just reading her stuff makes you feel like your gonna take huge profits out of the FX markets.

In my opinion it's hard to trade. The liquidity can mask a lot of the activity. FX markets can put you to sleep for days and then have massive vol spikes in the blink of an eye, with nothing but some obscure analysts explanation to make sense of it. Something like a few million is nothing in that market. It can be profitable, but you are really gonna have to do better than just reading some good analyst work.

heispark likes this.
  7. heispark

heispark

So my conclusion is:
    She's a legit FX expert -> therefore she knows trading/making consistent profit is difficult -> therefore she decided to sell signal/education services to innocent retailers instead of trading herself. o_O

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    toc and Snuskpelle like this.