Anyone travel the world all while trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by abc321, Feb 16, 2010.

1. I am following this thread with interest.

#11     Feb 16, 2010
  2. pak

pak

And if your still gunho on doing it…do what I do:

Pick 1 place in Europe and call it home ( Berlin is the cheapest in Western Europe)-then take short trips to the many places to see WITHOUT positions on.

Overall, u will feel better and still get to accomplish your goals of traveling & trading!

#12     Feb 16, 2010
  3. Your world seems to be leaning towards the European side.

I have done some full-session trading while in China for a few months. The first thing you need to get used to is the time difference. GMT+8 in China. US markets open at 10:30 pm local time in the winter and 9:30 pm local time in the summer. (Because China doesn't observe daylight saving) Trading 6.5 hour will take you to 5:00 am. So if you trade the entire session, it will turn you into a night owl. Maybe you go to bed at 6:00 am, get up at 1:00-2:00pm. By that time, sight-seeing is a bit rush. Weekends perhaps.

In Europe the hours are more friendly. Markets open at 2:30pm-4:30pm or so depending on where you are. Sight seeing in the morning, can do.

Internet access is everywhere these days. Voltage difference is not a big issue. Laptop plus at least one extra LCD monitor is best.

#13     Feb 17, 2010
  4. the last time i went on an extended travel was from sep 26, 2008 to oct 5, 2008. yeah, _THAT_ week.

the f*cking hotel had the worst wireless internet ever. and this was a decent hotel in a large metro area in the USA not some villa in the spanish countryside. i have the money to travel the world but i'll never travel while trading ever again. don't do it. think murphy's law.

#14     Feb 17, 2010
  5. reliable internet access to the US is not everywhere these days. he did say he would trade US equities right? try connecting to and downloading data from random servers in various european and asian countries then get back to me.

#15     Feb 17, 2010
  6. joe4422

joe4422

Internet connection all over the world is fine, even in developing countries. You just have to do a bit more research, and may have to pay for a business line as opposed to a residential line. I run Esignal, thinkorswim, and IB charts, and several platforms all at once, with almost zero delay, and I'm in a backward developing country in Asia. No problems. Execution is probably a few milliseconds slower, but I don't care about a millisecond.

#16     Feb 17, 2010
  7. MaxSpain

MaxSpain

Can I ask you what is wrong with the internet access in the Spanish countryside?
    I have a fast internet connection and never have any problems. Telefonica is quite a professional player in the world of communications and Spain (except for it's ignorant government) is not a third (nor second) world country.

As for traveling around the world and trading at the same time ...
    Trade, make money and when you have enough take a few month to live in an other city. That way you can enjoy it to the max ...

#17     Feb 17, 2010