Anyone Trading With IB using Ensignsoftware for charting?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by bldoz, Jul 10, 2006.

1. bldoz

bldoz

:confused:

Anyone using IB broker with Ensignsoftware charting, that would be willing to answer few questions from OLD trader but new to electronic platforms?

If you would be willing to help with some questions. Please reply.
    Thanks.

2. keeda

keeda

I just recently started using IB with Ensign. Previously, I have been using Ensign with Esignal for about 3 years. I trade stocks (NYSE and Nasdaq) only. Hopefully I can answer some of your questions....

3. fader

fader

Ensign w/IB rocks! i evaluated TS, Esignal et. al. three years ago, settled on Ensign and never looked back; post your questions here or PM if you prefer. all the best.

4. Aok

Aok

Ensign and IB is one of the easiest to set up.

I used to use that combo for DAX and HSI through IB. No problems.

Since I dont trade those markets at present I let my Ensign sub lapse. But I would not hesitate to renew.

Whats your questions?

Have you checked Ensign website? Extensive help and good video tutorials.

5. Is it possible to extend right side of the charts so I have blank next day grid ? Or couple of hours ?

6. Yes, very easy to do. On the chart properties form, properties tab, you can set the right margin the # of pixels you would like. You can even save your altered version as the default for any new charts.

7. How about charting that allows the trendline to stay on the chart even after I close it and open it again later? I use esignal now and like that feature for breakouts, etc.

8. hi.wondering if you can put an alert on right from the chart? and can you create daily charts with the IB feed or do you have to get another backfill feed.
    i'm using sierra chart right now but always looking.