Anyone Trading the YM Today?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by flipflopper, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Vienna

Vienna

Why would someone called flipflopper be concerned about whipsaws?

Increase the fractal until the noise diminishes, and trade only the perfect setups. I am looking at the YM today, no trade yet, but there might be a long setting up....:)

#11     Jan 3, 2008
  2. Haaa!!! I've become a contrarian indicator!!!! Well getting chopped up like this is bad for flipflopper cause I usually flip from long to short and vice versa when my stops get hit!!!! Not good for a day like today.

Need to pullout after I get stopped out and your long trade starts making money!!
    :D

#12     Jan 3, 2008
  3. Trying to out think the market will get you hurt. Better to have a system that keeps you out of the white wash.

#13     Jan 3, 2008
  4. Believe me I don't try to out think the market. I consider the market to be full of lemmings and sheep and I try to go with the flow no matter what I think.

$100 dollar oil
    crashing housing market
    Credit market disaster
    inflation
    slowing to negative GDP growth

Yet I still went long several times today cause the sheep are buying.

I consider the market to be retarded and I act retarded when I trade and make quite a bit of money doing it.

#14     Jan 3, 2008
  5. lol Even to try and think against the leemings will hurt you over time.

#15     Jan 3, 2008
  6. That is if you are daytrading. Daytrading is a pure statistical game. The only way to win over a long period of time is by having a system with an edge. Less emotion less thinking about what you think the market will do is the only way to profit with consistency.

#16     Jan 3, 2008
  7. Agreed.

#17     Jan 3, 2008
  8. what is your system?...do you trade the YM?

#18     Jan 3, 2008
  9. I do trade ym. Can't give up my edge though.

#19     Jan 3, 2008
  10. Ahhhh yes another trader smarter than the sum of the market's participants.

Good Luck!

#20     Jan 3, 2008