Anyone trading the DJ Eurostoxx 50?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Trend Fader, Aug 22, 2002.

1. stevet

stevet

there may be some benefit in having the IB feed - but i cannot see what it would be - you really need a proper feed - and to save money with trying to get cheap data will only cost you money in the long term

you have to decide how much u want to make from trading per month and from that decide the money u r happy to pay for trading from the beginning and then use that data from the beginning to get to your final point

p.s - cannot comment on mytrack as tried it some time ago - but did not seem something that would suit me - does it have the cash and futures for dow, nasdaq and s&p ?

#61     Aug 28, 2002
  2. Helenqu

Helenqu

Hi Stevet,

Yes Mytrack has all those feeds. And I am happy with it, so I guess I'll stick with it for a bit :)

Helen

#62     Aug 28, 2002
  3. stevet

stevet

does mytrack have charting as well , smas, fib levels etc, can u draw trend lines and will it save charts with all your tech stuff so u can use what u did the next day without redoing it, can u use it with multiple screens and windows?

#63     Aug 28, 2002
  4. Helenqu

Helenqu

Hi Stevet,

I use Sierra Charts with MT which does all those and more if you want it to (I'm not a programmer so I don't get the best from it). I think it's a great package but the only other real time package I have used is AIQ.

I like my data as it is, papertrading the STOXX for the past couple of days it has been fine. I have the easy2trade live demo for a day tomorrow so I'll get a chance to try it in RT with futures then.

I'll let you know :)

#64     Aug 28, 2002
  5. stevet

stevet

ok - go for it!

#65     Aug 28, 2002
  6. sabena

sabena

Did I read this right on this board that
    you cannot get intraday volume data for
    the Dow Jones Euro stoxx 50 with any
    data vendor....?

#66     Aug 28, 2002
  7. Quiet1

Quiet1

eh, no

eSignal does not carry it.

CQG etc, of course do carry it

Q1

#67     Aug 28, 2002
  8. Helenqu

Helenqu

I have intraday volume data for Eurostoxx with MyTrack/Sierra Charts.

#68     Aug 28, 2002
  9. x-or

x-or

First : thanks to TrendFader for starting this thread about ESTX50.

In fact, I would like to know what data I'm missing with IB quotes. I've got a pretty good idea from experience but really ?

On one side, I'm pretty sure IB is snapshot because sometimes my trade don't appear in TWS "times & sales".

On the other side : i subscribed to esignal 30 day trial to compare IB data with a real data feed. It's so sad for esignal but I saw absolutely no difference between both !

Did anyone already compared IB quotes with another pro data feed ? Do we miss a lot with IB ?

P.S :
    - I'm only talking about ESTX50 on Eurex here (can't tell/don't know about IB vs esignal US quotes)
    - I never used any other feed than IB or esignal trial.

#69     Aug 28, 2002
  10. stevet

stevet

your result with esignal sounds about right

IB are quite open that they only supply a snapshot as i guess it is a bandwidth issue - but i know that a lot more seems to get missed than the snap shot would suggest

basically it is imperative to have every tick since the one you might miss might be the very one to provide the key support or resistance level

the great thing about trading nowadays is the abiltiy to obtain good data at a good price and also have the tools to use that data - dont fly with one eye shut! the ground is hard!

#70     Aug 28, 2002