Anyone trading the DJ Eurostoxx 50?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Trend Fader, Aug 22, 2002.

1. alain

alain

you could develop those indicators yourself.. then you would have a major edge.. ;-) I was already thinking about putting that together in a VB Excel spread sheet... but didn't find the time yet...

#11     Aug 22, 2002
  2. Ditch,

i agree, the open is one of the best times of the day, if you figure out the different moves. I will check ou the gap fib retracement.
    Don't you agree that the ESTX is easier to trade?

Here is chart from todays session.

#12     Aug 22, 2002
    #13     Aug 22, 2002
  4. Ditch

Ditch

It is easier, however, it needs a different mindset. When I started out I traded the NQ, because of the chop I tend to take profits quickly. As the ET moves more smoothly, you've got to give your trades more time. For me my trades on the ET last 3 to 4 times longer than on the e-mini's.

#14     Aug 22, 2002
  5. Ditch

Ditch

Nice 60 pt move after lunch time.:)

#15     Aug 22, 2002
  6. Ditch

Ditch

Alain,

I was thinking of building these indicators in Investor/RT. How would you get the quotes for the stocks, that are in the ESTX, are you going to subscribe to all the exchanges, where they are listed, or do you know of a subscription that has them all in one?

#16     Aug 22, 2002
  7. I have been actively trading it. 3:00am - 2:00pm EST. A lot more fun than trading ES. Fewer jumping around, it moves like a freight train - likes to keep going in one direction. Liquidity is not an issue on average days (more liquid than our NQ, and sometimes more liquid than ES). It can move 10pts in seconds.
    In the moments of following the announcement of some US economic data, it can swing 40-50 pts in a blink of an eye.
    Have Fun Trading!
    :p

#17     Aug 22, 2002
  8. When i started to trade futures my instrument of choice was the ESTX. My main strategy was to call tops or bottoms. I expected to get away with trying to stop the freight train within a stop of 3 to 5 points. Got ran over sometimes:D
    I turned around and now try to jump on the freight train when it slows down for a few minutes...but still, i often find myself not trusting the train enough to give me a big ride:(

#18     Aug 22, 2002
  9. alain

alain

I would have to subscribe to all the exchanges.. that would be:
    - Holland
    - France
    - Finnland
    - Germany
    - Spain
    - Italy
    - Belgim

All those exchanges with the eSignal equity subscribtion would be $159 per month (all the exchanges $60) that wouldnot be too expensive.. and i would be able to import the data into excel and I could write a program with vb that would make the analysis.

Maybe I'll take the time to do that...

alain

#19     Aug 22, 2002
  10. what's the point value and the margin ?

#20     Aug 22, 2002