Anyone trading the DJ Eurostoxx 50?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Trend Fader, Aug 22, 2002.

1. stevet

stevet

i dont feel tenfore have kept up with other premium chart and data supply companies

#101     Sep 3, 2002
  2. x-or

x-or

About esignal, my experience is that their T&S for ESTX50 is not better than IB.
    As I only use quotes and price/volume for charts I don't care too much about the usability of the software.
    You said that Tenfore data feed is good. That's just enough for me. Thank you for the informations.

#102     Sep 3, 2002
  3. croc1964

croc1964

Anyone using ESignal Datafeed for trading DAX or Eurostoxx 50 should really have a look at Ensign software (www.ensignsoftware.com).

I was missing Tick-Volume on DAX and Eurostoxx Charts, as ESignal did not have them. But they do update the TotalVolume info with every Tick.
    So I asked the developer of Ensign Software, if he couldn't recreate the missing Tick-Volume info from the TotalVolume info on Sept 1.

Here is his reply from today:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,

I have the computation of a tick volume from the change in total volume implemented for the next version I upload.
    I tested with the AX U2-DT symbol which does not post a tick volume, yet does update total volume with each new tick.

Technical support should be obtained by e-mailing service@ensignsupport.com
    ESPL support should be obtained by e-mailing kimball@ensignsoftware.com

Ensign's web site is www.ensignsoftware.com.

Sincerely, Howard Arrington
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Howard,

ESignal confirmed, that they do not provide Volume data on DAX or EUROSTOXX 50 Futures.

But they do provide a cumulative Update of the TotalVolume traded, which is updated with every Tick.
    Therefore, it should be possible to create the missing Tick-Volume info simply by substracting the new TotalVolume from the prior TotalVolume. I have confirmed this by using the DDE-Link to Winros.exe in a VB6 program, recreating a Time of Sales sheet and comparing the TotalVolume at the end of the market with the TotalVolume of contracts traded as reported by the exchange.

So wouldn't it be possible to do this internally also: Like: If TickVolume Data is missing then use TotalVolume instead and create the missing info.

croc

#103     Sep 3, 2002
  4. Croc, agree Ensign is first rate. Been using for over 1-1/2 yrs. The developer is very innovative and the product is rock solid. Never crashes. New versions updated weekly! Very solid customer support. If u have esignal account they have a 30 day free full featured trial of the Ensign Windows.

#104     Sep 3, 2002
  5. cclee

cclee

So is anyone using Esignal to trade the DJ Eurostoxx 50?

If so, how many times have you been affected by the "data flushing" problem during the Eurostoxx trading hours?

#105     Sep 12, 2002
  6. Ditch

Ditch

I'm using e-signal, didn't notice any dataproblem at all. However, I'm only using tick-chart since a couple of weels and e-signal doesn't offer thst on the estx.

#106     Sep 12, 2002
  7. cclee

cclee

Hey Ditch,
    2 things:

1) Ensign gives you tick charts when paired with Esignal

2) Are there any special tax issues when trading EStoxx in the US?

#107     Sep 12, 2002
  8. anyone know what the symbol is in sierra chart to open a chart for estx50? Thanks.

#108     Sep 20, 2002
  9. I use Sierra Charts + MyTrack. The symbol is FE`Z

--TraderChip

#109     Sep 20, 2002
  10. I use IB Data Feed with sierra charts. Anyone know how I can open a chart for estx50 in sierra charts with IB data feed?

#110     Sep 20, 2002