Anyone trading the DJ Eurostoxx 50?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Trend Fader, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Hardcash,

Does mytrack with Sierra update your data when you logon if your computer has been turned off. I was told that you have to leave your computer on 24hrs a day to receive all data. Thats what stopped me subscribing.

#91     Aug 30, 2002
  2. Helenqu

Helenqu

Hi,

Mytrack/Sierra will update all charts back to 15 days worth of data provided you have the correct exchanges enabled. With the FTSE 100 if you use the UKZ.X free feed you will however get holes in your data if your PC is not on line but you get what you pay for.

#92     Aug 31, 2002
  3. jmk

jmk

Hello,

I'm using www.fsxtra.com feed (Futuresource) since oct 2001 ; works fine for me, fits with IB quotes (let say 0.5-1 sec lag 99 % of time, occasionally worse on US statistics).
    Had esignal a couple of months end 2001. More functions than fsXtra, more expensive (x2) ; most important european futures data were not so clean as I could have expected for the price of the feed.

JM

#93     Aug 31, 2002
  4. Do you trade at EUREX? How fast is the feed for EUREX compared to IB quotes for the ESTX50?

I am asking again, because i just signed up for a 14 day trial, and they do not offer EUREX in the free trial.

Thanks.

#94     Aug 31, 2002
  5. polopo

polopo

how do i trade FESX or an eurostoxx 50 index option chain or view the option chain of these indxes?
    does OX can trade euro stock?????

thanks sorry for my bad english

#95     Aug 31, 2002
  6. dizzy,

you can either

1) run sierra charts with the quotes you subscribe on IB. in that case, you have to run the TWS all day long to get all quotes for sierra. the quotes that entered the sierra software are stored.

2) you can add a separate data feed from mytrack. thats what i did, because in the end it seems better to have a extra data feed with historical data in fact you lost some quotes

#96     Aug 31, 2002
  7. jmk

jmk

Captain,

I forgot to say I mainly trade ESTX 50, and what I wrote applies to this contract.
    Not much experiense with ES, but seems more or less the same.

JM

#97     Sep 1, 2002
  8. croc1964

croc1964

IB updates its quotes every .7 seconds. Therefore trading Eurostoxx 50 or DAX, you normally won't miss a lot with IB. It's totally different when trading ES-Minis. If a Tradeprogram hits the market, you won't get a fill with IB's quotes (unless you enter at the Market), as the market more often than not has moved away by 1 or 2 ticks from IB's quotes, before IB refreshes the quotes.

If you enter or exit the trades with TWS, then it really makes no difference, as you can't be that fast, that you won't have a slippage of 0.7 seconds, even if you only need to press the mouse button.

But if you use any type of semi-automatic Tradesystem, eg a software supporting Trailing Stops, the software should use the fastest Dataprovider you can afford. Eurostoxx and Dax can tank or shoot up 10 Ticks in the blink of an eye. (I mainly trade the DAX, and really have been saved more than once, by using the ESignal datafeed. Of cause it freezes sometimes, but that's something IB's quotes also do from time to time. Solution: The software allows you to switch.)
    On a real T&S (not IB's) you can see there were still some trades in between these 10 Ticks, but only a few at each pricelevel, as effectivly a huge order hit the market, buying or selling through multiple pricelevels. If in such a situation your Trailing Stop has been hit, you can only hope, that your Quotes are up to date to be able to enter a order before the spike eats through all your gains.

croc

#98     Sep 2, 2002
  9. x-or

x-or

Thank you for your complete and helpful answer.

These missing ticks annoys me when they blew my hard stops and i can't see them.
    I'm pretty sure that i could learn to place my stops at a better price if I i could see everything.

Actually, I'm still waiting for my login details with Tenfore trial (hum... they say 48 hours, it's been 4 days now...)
    I let you know how much valuable is a real T&S to my trading.

I have a strong guess that the data feed price is worth every unexpected stops i take during a month :D

#99     Sep 3, 2002
  10. alain

alain

I have used Tenfore in the past... the Quotespeed software is not very usable... datafeed is good... in switzerland they have one guy that makes the support.. guess there are several more guys in germany :) Compared with eSignal... eSignal offers more for less.

Tenfore is part of the Quantum Fund... and the managers and sellers of Tenfore are not allowed to own part of the company.

#100     Sep 3, 2002